I Wanna Wave The Bs Flag

8 UR HMI

I've seen some slow TBSS's out there... But it would take someone who can row gears and hook the car up to win. If you put a GT w/ a good driver in it and a stock AWD TBSS at the track, the GT should run a better time. And who knows what the story was, I know from track proof, the TBSS is slower w/ a CAI and no supporting tune by about half a second. So if you got a TBSS running high 14s, I can see a GT smoking it w/ a good driver. Now on the other hand, GT's don't even dare race me. I hate it...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen some slow TBSS's out there... But it would take someone who can row gears and hook the car up to win. If you put a GT w/ a good driver in it and a stock AWD TBSS at the track, the GT should run a better time. And who knows what the story was, I know from track proof, the TBSS is slower w/ a CAI and no supporting tune by about half a second. So if you got a TBSS running high 14s, I can see a GT smoking it w/ a good driver. Now on the other hand, GT's don't even dare race me. I hate it...

You have quite possibbly the longest forum name i have ever seen...lol

I try to keep things interesting...

he wouldnt even race me in my dads truck which is a stock exc 5.3 with factory lift. i get my truck dont tomorrow and im gonna go find him. ill do some rolls too and see what happens

bro my FULLY stock 96 impala ss beats modded gt Rustangs

and my best friend has an black TBSS and i cant beat it..

but i did win with my 95DCM impala :cool:

With 3 Impy's, why do I not know you. What is your screen name on ISSF?

Oh, I remember seeing you around now... disregard.

Edited by ImpalaSSpeed96 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
bro my FULLY stock 96 impala ss beats modded gt Rustangs

:eek:

I'm no mustang guy, but I've ridden in my fair share of Impala SSs and have a buddy who took his to the track regularly, his was bone stock also.

I gotta ask.... what does your Impala SS run at the track??!?!

Many of my buddies have Mustang GTs as winter beaters, with VERY mild mods many are in the 12s......

:confused:

Many of my buddies have Mustang GTs as winter beaters, with VERY mild mods many are in the 12s......

:confused:

I haven't seen any around here that will....when i'm at the track i see the gt's spraying etc..and dont get into the 12's...and stock run 9.6 in the 1/8 the other night when i was there

I haven't seen any around here that will....when i'm at the track i see the gt's spraying etc..and dont get into the 12's...and stock run 9.6 in the 1/8 the other night when i was there

My buddy ran a Mustang GT back in the early 90s with mild bolt ons and spray, 11.55 at 115mph. It was his winter beater, not a ton of effort.

My buddy had a 96 Impala SS that ran all the time, his BEST time dead stock was 15.3 at close to 90mph. That's at Mission Raceway, which is very near sea level. Our track is considered a "fast" track... A brand new Mustang GT is much faster than that, let alone a "MODDED" GT Mustang.

I just don't get it...?

Type in 12 second Mustang GT into Google or Youtube, TONS of cars running 12s with minor mods...

This car has a tuner, slicks, and exhaust basically.

I don't even think it's a quick one, it's just the first one that came up!

Type in 12 second Mustang GT into Google or Youtube, TONS of cars running 12s with minor mods...

This car has a tuner, slicks, and exhaust basically.

I don't even think it's a quick one, it's just the first one that came up!

I was stating my experiences around here...and IMO you cant compare a mustang from the early 90's to the ones now days...IMO the new ones are much slower...there were supercharged ones at ennis a month ago that could not see 12's...that is fact for what I saw around here.....we obviously have had different experiences..

I was stating my experiences around here...and IMO you cant compare a mustang from the early 90's to the ones now days...IMO the new ones are much slower...there were supercharged ones at ennis a month ago that could not see 12's...that is fact for what I saw around here.....we obviously have had different experiences..

MUCH different experiences!

I street raced all the time, 12 second Mustangs were simple bolt on cars where I am from. A late model GT Mustang is a very high 13 / low 14 second car stock at my track, bolt ons will put it low 13s high 12s with ease. There are dozens of mild 12 second Mustangs at my track. No nitrous, no blowers, usually just tuners, exhaust and drag radials or slicks.