Squeeking When I Turn Let

diggerdan11

So for the last couple weeks my truck makes and annoying squeeking noise when i turn left at lower speeds. I have no idea what it might be. :confused: I took my truck to the local dealership to see what they thought and the first thing they asked me was is it a squeek or clunk, and i already got the clunk fixed. They drove my truck around a bit but of course it id not make the squeeking noise.

the noise seems to get worse the more i drive the truck especially in the heat, i made to trips into the phoenix area (3 hours each way) and it was 100 plus outside so that might have something to do with it.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Sounds kind of like my problem except that I have a clunk and it started with a clunk. The clunk continues but now I have the squeeks and squeal to go with it. Mine too is only sometimes so the stealership probably wouldn't be able to find it either if I brought it in.

The wheel bearing can cost a ton if you get original GM parts (which are crap anyway). I am doing mine as we speak and the parts were $119 + tax for each hub/wheel bearing assembly from AutoZone. The process is time consuming but really very easy. I found a great how-to Here. Some of the bolt sizes are different for us than what he mentions in the thread because we are not an 8-lug HD but the overall process is the same. Please trust me when I say to save your money and DIY on this project. It is really easy and kind of fun at the same time (I thought anyway). Good luck! :cheers:

• 2 months later...

it only makes it when you turn, not real hard and doesnt matter the speed? does it ever happen when going straight, made worse with acceleration or deceleration?

my guess is steering gear in the box. tends to happen on these lovely torsion trucks, i have warrantied quite a few. matter of fact my SS does it right now lol