I Think That The 4l60 Is Dying...

Driving the truck is fine, but when I pull off from a red the rear wheel kinda jerk like there is a delay from when I step on the gas and when the power gets to the wheels. Also, when slow down from 60MPH to 0, @ at about 20-10 there is another small jerk. This is not just the tranny shifting. :confused: P.S. when i shift into another gear, there is yet another dreded jerk. 151,xxx is most likely the culprit.

All common signs of a dieing 60E, hard downshifts, harsh upshifts, slack in the drivetrain, etc. My guess would be that the clutch packs are shot. Getting 150k+ out of a 4L60E is definitely getting your moneys worth.....

All common signs of a dieing 60E, hard downshifts, harsh upshifts, slack in the drivetrain, etc. My guess would be that the clutch packs are shot. Getting 150k+ out of a 4L60E is definitely getting your moneys worth.....

Well if the truck goes down it will have to sit for a while..... Thats a shame because the Sierra is the money-maker :banghead: Thanks for your help.

DO NOT USE AN ADDITIVE!!!! :puke: Worse thing ever invented. You will cause more problems with additives. It turns to a varnish when it finaly goes and gums up valves and wont come off the internals. Additives cant repair clutches. 9 times out of 10 its a clutch issue in a 65e. A 4l65e uses reusable molded pistons. Reverse and Low/rev are the only replaceable seals. The pistons will turn to jelly and be junked by additives. Older trans it can help limp by but not much. It just hides the real problems. :ninja: