Just Lowered The Ss From A 2/2 To A 3/4

Tzer

I also installed the Belltech Street Perf. drop shocks on all 4 corners. The ride is good, a lil bumpy but not bad. My front bumpstops are about ¼" from touching (That's with one nub) I don't know if I should trim more or if that's a proper setting for the front? That could be why it's a lil bumpy maybe, Don't know.

The bumps stop's in front are supposed to be touching at all times, there should never be a space unless it is on jacks or on the lift. With just torsion bar alone it will be way to bouncy.

The bumps stop's in front are supposed to be touching at all times, there should never be a space unless it is on jacks or on the lift. With just torsion bar alone it will be way to bouncy.

Thanks for this info. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere on the forum but with all the do this and that's I probably missed it. It's not to bad but if it gets annoying I'll get some new front bumps and taylor them to spec (just touching at parked position).

Looks good............... :cheers: ...........Someday when I get new rims with a different offset, I'm gonna drop mine a little more....I went with the McGaughys setup tho.........How bad are your CV angles?......

Looks good............... :cheers: ...........Someday when I get new rims with a different offset, I'm gonna drop mine a little more....I went with the McGaughys setup tho.........How bad are your CV angles?......

I don't think they look to bad I was checking all that out eairler today, but I'll find out when I go for an alignment and I'll ask the tech what he thinks about the angles and let you know.

Looks great lower! What size tire are you running?

Thanks again folks.

The tire size is stock tdrumm1, 275x55x20 but they are on a wheel that's about ½" wider so they are sitting shorter then would on the factory wheel.

Thanks again folks.

The tire size is stock tdrumm1, 275x55x20 but they are on a wheel that's about ½" wider so they are sitting shorter then would on the factory wheel.

Wow, that is a big tire for that much drop. Any rubbing? Have you thought about a shorter tire?

Wow, that is a big tire for that much drop. Any rubbing? Have you thought about a shorter tire?

Yea I'm in the market for a trade for some 22's but most ppl are using the 305x40x22's which is very close to stock anyway.

I have no rubbing issues in front and I'm about to go check the back. I went through a bridge repair zone on the way to work and WOW. BANG BANG BANG. It was so hard of a bang that it knocked my coffee out of the holder. My coffee cup kinda locks itself into our cup holders. When I took a test drive yesterday after the shorter bumpstop install. I went over this same bridge to test it out and there wasn't any ruts like this morning. GRRrr.

Gotta be carefull to many hits on the axle may cause some damage, 2 options you have to reduce/eliminate the bottoming out, 1) helper bags or 2) c-notch, if i where to do it again i would notch it to alow more travel since the helper bags dont much travel= bouncy ride but no bottoming out,lol.

looks awesome man. glad to see you got it all worked out. i like the stance of mine when it was a little lower, but having the rear that low i couldn't daily drive it.

I agree Bro!

I moved the shackles up a hole today. That brought the rear up from 32¼" RR - 32" LR to 33" RR - 32¾ LR.

I now have a 3 finger gap between the ½" DJM Pancake Bumpstop. Much better then the 1 finger with the trimmed to one nub stock bumpstop (No bracket) or even the 2 finger with the Pancake DJM on full shackle.

I'm now curious to see how the Belltech Drop Bumpstops I ordered today are going to do. They are 1½" tall but supposed to be softer, to cushen the bangs LOL. Heck I might have to trim them some, We'll see :cheers:

I double checked my front Bumps today. I'm good, No gaps. But I do notice that when I hit certain bumps in the road the Frontend seems to have a little strange vibration to it. Not always but only on certain imperfections if that makes sense. I probably have some wear somewhere, It's factory with 67K on it.

Again, I moved the shackles up a hole today. That brought the rear up from 32¼" RR - 32" LR to 33" RR - 32¾ LR.

I like the stance more as well as the drivability. It has a very slight rake to it now. Looks more like it should IMO.

I'll get some new pictures very soon. Rainy out today here.

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)