Played Around Withe A Camaro

diggerdan11

so i was driving down one of the main streets in Tucson when i came up next to what i thought was a mid 90s V6 Camaro at a stop light, it had dual exhaust but it was out one side normally V8 Camaro's have dual exhausts on both driver side and passenger side. So when the light turn green i gave it a little gas not any more than usual i was not planning on racing but he must have thought i wanted to because he slammed on the gas and started to go by me, then i gave it some gas but he had me by a few lengths. He then slowed and i caught up to him, the second i got along side him he punched it, i was a little late in giving it gas so he got a big jump on me, but when i hit the gas within a second i caught back up to him, but he started to pull away.

He then slowed down and i caught up with him, it was only then that my gf noticed the Z28 badges. i was actually impressed that i was able to kinda keep up with him, my truck seems to have a good amount of power between 30mph and 50mph.

The car had a few mods that i could tell, it was not a normal exhaust setup (never seen a dual out just the driver side before especially on a Z28), and it had a ram air hood, the thing that confused me is it was a camaro and it had a WS6 badge on the back which was the optional ram air on the firebird, so i was wondering if that ram air was actually functional, because i know that will ad a couple extra hp

It may have been an SS if you are talking about late 90's body style . a 97 camaro SS came with single side ex. and ram air hood and an lt1 under the hood .

yeah it was just a Z28 but it must of have a working SS ram air hood

The ram air setup on them was supposedly worth 15hp according to the manufacturers. It has been proven many times over on the track and dyno, that it in fact did not prove to make a bit of difference if you had a TA or WS6, or Z28 or SS.

Nice runs.