2/4 Drop Completed

So, I posted up that I got a lot of new parts in about two weeks ago. Here is a link to that thread. PARTS THREAD I finally finished up installing everying but the helper bag kit. That will go on this next week. Here are some pictures of my new stance, what do you guys think? I will try to get some pictures and sound clips of the exhaust soon.

BEFORE DROP KIT

SS.jpg

AFTER DROP KIT

IMG_8577.jpg

FRONT TIRE

IMG_8582.jpg

REAR TIRE

IMG_8582.jpg

REAR TIRE/NEW EXHAUST

IMG_8586.jpg

SIDE SHOT

IMG_8598.jpg

The ride is great. I love the new stance. I forget that I'm MUCH lower now, and I bottomed out once already. I rub just a little at full turn, but I can live with it! It was such a pain in my ass to install it alone, but well worth it now. :driving:

looks much better! time for a new sig eh? just curious, which approach did you take to tackle the stock hangers and how long did that alone take ya? oh yeah, did you mount the bumpstops directly to the frame?

Edited by haul@ss (see edit history)

looks much better! time for a new sig eh? just curious, which approach did you take to tackle the stock hangers and how long did that alone take ya? oh yeah, did you mount the bumpstops directly to the frame?

Yeah, it is time for a new sig. I will request that from someone tomorrow. I don't even want to think about removing the stock hangers again. That was the toughest part. The drivers side wasn't too bad. I used a grinder to grind the rivet to a flat surface, and then I used a punch to put a small dimple in it. Once I had that done, I used a larger drill bit to bore through the rivet and then punched it out. Seemed to work best for me. I made the mistake of installing my new exhaust and tips before doing the drop kit. I didn't think about it, but the stock hanger for the passenger side is directly above the new exhaust tips. I honestly thought about cutting the exhaust off right after the mufflers so I would have room to work. I ground on them, beat on them, drilled them, chisseled them, used my air chissel, cussed at them, chisseled away at them some more, and so forth until I finally got them off. Had I used a torch it would have been so much easier. The passenger side took me a whole day to complete. I don't want to do that again for a while.

The bumpstops are mounted directly to the frame now.

Yeah, it is time for a new sig. I will request that from someone tomorrow. I don't even want to think about removing the stock hangers again. That was the toughest part. The drivers side wasn't too bad. I used a grinder to grind the rivet to a flat surface, and then I used a punch to put a small dimple in it. Once I had that done, I used a larger drill bit to bore through the rivet and then punched it out. Seemed to work best for me. I made the mistake of installing my new exhaust and tips before doing the drop kit. I didn't think about it, but the stock hanger for the passenger side is directly above the new exhaust tips. I honestly thought about cutting the exhaust off right after the mufflers so I would have room to work. I ground on them, beat on them, drilled them, chisseled them, used my air chissel, cussed at them, chisseled away at them some more, and so forth until I finally got them off. Had I used a torch it would have been so much easier. The passenger side took me a whole day to complete. I don't want to do that again for a while.

The bumpstops are mounted directly to the frame now.

sounds like a lot of work I run my exhaust stopping right after the mufflers and have duel 40 series flow masters