Computer People

BOB47

Got a virus or something on my computer at home. My daughter says it's called Antivirus XP-Pro. Anyone familiar with this? None of our antivirus software will find it or fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

It's not a virus. It's a rogue spyware program. It pretends to be a good program so you download it, then it gives false reading or effects to make you buy the program to remove it... Like a windshield repair man that walks around breaking windshields and leaving a business card behind...

Use these...

Malwarebytes Anti Malware FREE Edition.

-or-

Rogue Remover FREE Edition.

They should work. Ditch Norton (if you have it) and get Kaspersky. I had Norton for years, then got Kaspersky and found over 200 pieces of malware I didn't even know I had... trojans, keyloggers, virus's, spyware etc etc...

Hope that helps...

This is also a good idea... Use Firefox. Period. Internet Explorer is a virus waiting to happen IMO. Download the "keyscrambler" add-on (protects from keyloggers), and they have a ton of other free privacy and virus add-ons available.

If you need in depth advice or help, just send me a PM or email me... I'll help as much as I can...