Tbtc With Radix

There have been probably 15 or more trucks in the 12's with the TBTC on this board since the beginning. I'd say it's a tuning problem, but it's not a for sure thing. Is the intercooler pump working? Fuel pressure ok? X-link working properly? I'd say you need to find someone to log the truck for you. You'll find the problem right away would be my guess with one single log.

thanks again Zip, im working on taking the ss to a dyno very soon.

Have you checked to see that the 90mm TB is opening all the way? Do you have the X-Link cable I think it is called that makes the TB open all the way? Is the intercooler pump working?

Just a few things to think about before the Dyno.

Good Luck

CD

Have you checked to see that the 90mm TB is opening all the way? Do you have the X-Link cable I think it is called that makes the TB open all the way? Is the intercooler pump working?

Just a few things to think about before the Dyno.

Good Luck

CD

Yes, Ive got the x-link and the intercooler recirc pump is working. Thanks for the advice :cheers:

As soon as Eddie pulled the TBTC out he went back to being happy. Your not as PISSED as he was either. He actually put his up for sale. His 5.3 with 10 or 12 # of boost went 12.79 and 12.80 back to back then when he put the TBTC 2.0 60ft times and 13.5-13.7 is all he could run. He changed tunes like crazy just like your doing. He even tried speed density tunes and multiple trips to San Antonio to get tuned IN PERSON by Allen Nelson. His was not in the tune, it was the TBTC.

As soon as Eddie pulled the TBTC out he went back to being happy. Your not as PISSED as he was either. He actually put his up for sale. His 5.3 with 10 or 12 # of boost went 12.79 and 12.80 back to back then when he put the TBTC 2.0 60ft times and 13.5-13.7 is all he could run. He changed tunes like crazy just like your doing. He even tried speed density tunes and multiple trips to San Antonio to get tuned IN PERSON by Allen Nelson. His was not in the tune, it was the TBTC.

Im gonna spend a liitle $ on the dyno/tune and see what happens, if its all good then ill go for the stall.

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder if the converter was just bad. I have a TBTC in my radix truck and detuned it went 13.10 in 80 degree weather. I've since tweaked the tune and it feels a lot faster. Expecting mid to high 12's on the stock 20" rims. I wouldn't expect problems with that converter unless something is wrong with that particular unit. Good luck and keep us posted.