Gutted My Cats But Not Sure If Its What I Want

tburkdoll

Alright well i gutted my cats and i love the WOT sound and i like the volume but its almost to raspy for my taste. I like rasp but this is crazy lol I am curious as to what to do for this? Would an xpipe help? or maybe high flow cats? i've heard an xpipe will even out the tone because it evens the exhaust flow into the muffler but i have a single corsa muffler that Y's before the muffler. Any ideas guys?

Edited by SweetSS24 (see edit history)

You could actually loose power by gutting the cats. Someone gave me a rundown recently of why and from what I remember the newer cats flow really well and when you gut the case the exhaust fills the cat causing major turbulance in the flow. If it's too raspy I'd have some high flow cats installed or some race bullet mufflers in their place.

You could actually loose power by gutting the cats. Someone gave me a rundown recently of why and from what I remember the newer cats flow really well and when you gut the case the exhaust fills the cat causing major turbulance in the flow. If it's too raspy I'd have some high flow cats installed or some race bullet mufflers in their place.

I am going to cut the cats out regardless but i'm considering putting high flows in. I can here the air hitting the empty cats and its bugging me.

i deleted mine love it

Ya mine are already gutted but the sound is too cluttery i think from the air inside the empty cat. Would a straight piece of tubing and an x pipe fix it thats what i'm wondering?

Ya mine are already gutted but the sound is too cluttery i think from the air inside the empty cat. Would a straight piece of tubing and an x pipe fix it thats what i'm wondering?

thats the setup i am running, its lound but not raspy or cluttery. You can change the loundness with diffrent mufflers. Not having LT headers (did not see it in SIG) may also cause the cluttery sound. My last truck i deleted the cats with shorty headers and it sound terrible.

Edited by GASSS (see edit history)

bump needing to get this figured out

simple solution dude. get a bullet style muffler (dynomax bullet, SLP bullet for ex.) welded in line with the corsa it will tone down the rasp a bunch.

Let me clear the air here, you already have Dynatech LTs and cats right? If so, your cats were high flows before you punched them out. I would do what jond983 said and add another muffler before the Corsa. FWIW, I gutted my Dynatech cats and she's raspy as hell at 1/2 throttle plus, I love it! Deafening other motorists is fun. :uhoh::jester: