Chicago Land Meet

i wont be able to run the track anyway, shaved door handels, they wont let me on it i guess!

that sucks right there.....i always wondered what your truck would turn, but they are right if something would happen they might not be able to get you out fast enough. Route 66 was very strict in their tech as well, they even made me remove my center caps.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good answer to the window thing.

i do have to honestly say, i am fine without knowing a number. it makes people wonder and actually it pisses them off.

Its fast enuff for me and in the end thats all that matters i guess. its a heavy ass turd that drives well, sounds great and will beat 98% of the cars on the road in both handling as well as acceleration and braking...

(yeah i am concieted) no not really, i just get pissy when i beat my bro in his WS6 and he whines his clutch slips or this or that. excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink!

ok off rant now, who has a video camera so we can record some drag racning?

I would think you could run with the windows down. You can't be the first guy that wanted to run with them with all the hot rods out there.

windows have to be up, or you run the risk of your head coming out the window in the event of a roll over.

hey fast4popper how much of a drop you got on your truck?

in the front i got 2 inch belltech spindles as well as the torsion keys turned down a bit, in the rear i got 4 inch drop belltech leaf packs...

why do you ask?

ok guys here is what i'm planning for saturday. As i've said route 66 is open for test and tune that day, one of only a couple days they offer this, so I'm going to get some racing in. Depending on when they open i hope to go to the hotel 1st(i hope there is one close to the GTG) and then either head to the GTG or track. I need to call them and see when they open. But at any rate, i'd love to meet some you at the track. If you have any interest in racing let me know and i'll give you all the info i come up with, like directions from the GTG to the track and what not. If any one wants to race but has never been down the track, let me know and i'd be happy to explain every detail so you are more comfortable racing. Some of the track rules are: long pants, tennis shoes or boots, nothing can be in the bed of the truck, center caps must be off, 13.99 or lower requires a NHRA approved helmet, if your running n20 there are rules you to know. Hope to meet some of you there as well as the GTG.

Chris can you send me the addy of the GTG, and if there is hotel everyone is planning on.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

yeah i still have no idea where the gtg is, and im interested in going to the track.... im not gonna run but i will be more than happy to video tape and take pics! i guess i would need info for where the gtg is and info on when track opens and such

that is a good question! I have not seen a lot of roadsters race but the fuel alters that i have seen have roll bars like the top fuel cars that go around the helmet.

I was even thinking of a Prowler or old '34 Ford. I've seen them race without all that.