My Led Swap

Just a little of what I have been working on yesterday and today. I still have to do my cluster and the bottom two buttons on the bottom of the stearing wheel. And need to get some pics of the door switches on. :jester: Some of the pics look as if the leds are really bright but they are just right. And I used flat top leds so there are no hot spots.

675.jpg

682.jpg

692.jpg

695.jpg

705.jpg

702.jpg

716.jpg

734.jpg

735.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I have used so far is 3mm flat top blue leds with 470-ohm resistiors 1/4 watt @ 5% tolerance. In the cluster I'm going to be using 5mm leds. Both of these leds have 180 Deg. viewing angle. :D

Forgive me for the question but do all of the LEDs need a resistor? Reason I ask is because in the top pic there is one for each bulb , but on the bottom pic bulbs are all solo. Thanks for the extra info!

In that picture is the drivers side heated seat control. It already has leds in it from the factory and has resistiors. So all you need to do is put in new leds.

Can you go into more detail on the type of LED you used? Seems like that would a great mod for mine, OEM lighting is green :sigh: . It turned out very nice by the way. :thumbs:

This is what your cluster on a NNBS looks like under the gauges. And all the lights on a NNBS are surface mount leds. The pics are not mine just borrowed them to show you what it looks like.

Photo0210.jpg

Photo0213.jpg

Photo0217.jpg

This is what your cluster on a NNBS looks like under the gauges. And all the lights on a NNBS are surface mount leds. The pics are not mine just borrowed them to show you what it looks like.

Photo0210.jpg

Photo0213.jpg

Photo0217.jpg

Wow, the cluster sure does look like its pretty intricate. Do you think it can be done by me, I have little or no experience with electronics but am eager to try it? Thanks for the inside look, very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
What I have used so far is 3mm flat top blue leds with 470-ohm resistiors 1/4 watt @ 5% tolerance. In the cluster I'm going to be using 5mm leds. Both of these leds have 180 Deg. viewing angle. :D

umm?? what you said... what would you charge to do this for me?