Illinois Is On! July 18th!

I have a local shop set up in Lake Villa, IL (60046)that does paint matched, spray-in bedliners. He can do a bed in3-4 hours. Let me know soon if you want yours done so we can try to fit as many in as possible. He said we can use the shop all day Saturday to do what we want. He may have a 2 post lift by then. He currently has a 4 post lift, but it's a little hard to get a truck on due to wheel base. I also have my buddy lined up to do professional window tinting. He's the best in the area. I plan to hang out here most of the day. BBQ, baggo, tunes, and any minor mods.(Sorry, no big stuff, I'd like to get out and do something that night.)

There is alot to do around here later that night. Wilmot Raceway (clay oval) is doing Enduro Racing that night. They get 40-50 cars out on the track and race. As cars break down or crash, they are left on the track as obstacles.

Great Lakes Dragaway is 30mins. away. They are doing Summit racing series bracket racing that night.

Blarney Island is a bar in the middle of the lake that is having a "Spin Doctor's" concert that night. This requires tix, so I think I'd have to know a little in advance to plan this.

There are a couple crruze-in's, as well as ALOT of bars.

Some of this stuff is kid friendly. If anyone plans to bring the family, the shop is 10mins. from Six Flags Great America, Key Lime Cove indoor waterpark/hotel, and Gurnee Mills outlet mall. You may want think about coming in Friday for this stuff, or plan on staying through Sunday as all the stuff I have planned is for Saturday.

There are some area hotels, but I'll have to check prices. Some are kinda cheezy, but as you get closer to Six Flags they get nicer.O f course you get what you pay for. There are also some campgrounds in the area if anyone is interested in roughin it.(sorry, wife was little uncomfortable with "strangers" sleepin at the house)

Please start letting me know who's DEFINATELY coming, and if you think you will be bringing wife and/or kids. This will help planning the evening events(kid friendly or not).

Edited by Merc Dr. (see edit history)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like ya got a great weekend planned! few questions, what kind of liner is it? line-x? if its line-x im in! what is the pricing? i just want a black liner.... also now that its leagle to have tints in the front windows in illinois im interested in that as well.... what do we have for a price on that? i just want the driver and passenger front windows tinted to match the factory tints on the back windows so i think thats about 35%?

sounds like ya got a great weekend planned! few questions, what kind of liner is it? line-x? if its line-x im in! what is the pricing? i just want a black liner.... also now that its leagle to have tints in the front windows in illinois im interested in that as well.... what do we have for a price on that? i just want the driver and passenger front windows tinted to match the factory tints on the back windows so i think thats about 35%?

It's actually Spray tech(Armorthane).http://www.spraytech-wi.com/ He does it in 3 coats instead of one heavy coat like alot of guys do. He also uses a sealer to prevent fading. My truck was done by the previous owner in Rhino Liner and it has fading.

35% is correct to match it.

I'll PM prices to anyone who asks.

I'll try to remember to call him tomorrow and ask. I can't see it being more than 20 pounds. A gallon of water is 8lbs.

for anyone who is on the fence about a spray in liner, ITS WORTH THE MONEY!!! i had one on my 05 colorado and never had a problem with it! looks amazing, no rust, keeps stuff from slinding, easy maintenance.... worth every penny!!

Edited by gbspigskin (see edit history)

Remember, don't think JUST bed liners. He can spray anything you think you might want a "Hard Coat" on. I'm having him do my dogs' cage pans to prevent them from scratching theough or cracking. He can do boat hulls, other car parts, etc.

He also does undercoating with a different product. No, it's not spray can. It's a hard coat as well. It's not the stuff that stays soft and is weakend by petroleum products.

If anyone is interested, Alligator Bob's motorcycle seats is next door. He did a seat for one of the bike shows on Discovery/TLC. It was either American chopper or Biker Build off. He does awesome work. He may be able to do other vehicle stuff(head rests). Picture charcoal gray crocodile haed rests with the SS logo :drool:

any idea on how much a spray in liner weighs.

I asked him today. He said about 60-65lbs. I was a little off. Obviously it's a little thicker than the stuff at Pep Boys you roll on.

If anyone is interested, I could probably line up one of the local stereo guys to come in since Chris won't be able to make it. I need to know soon enough to talk to them.

If you want, you can order HID's from Chris and we can install them. From what he's told me though, you won't need much help. More time to drnk beer. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 weeks. Who's in beside pigskin and sniper? Rich? Brent? Indy crowd?

I got braided brake lines I will be installing along with speed bleeders. For anyone interested in learning how to do it.

i'm going to try to make this one. Work is killing me right now, but after missing the last meet they owe me. I'd love a bed liner, but i can't add that weight to the truck. I know it sounds stupid but thats almost a tenth in the quarter. I hope my buddy ss muscle truck can make this as well....hint, hint Joe