09 Pontiac Firehawk

delay18

Well I was just wondering what eveybody thought of this car. I know the G8 is pretty popular. I just wish they made a manual verzion. But a 500HP family sedan? How can you go wrong? What do you all think?

Rob

Watching speed last night??

Haha. No actually I have seen it before. We just got a whole pile of stuff on it at the dealership. The sales manager goes "Here, you like stuff like this." I like the car. (I mean I really like the G8 to begin with so throw a SC on it and I am all about it. I do agree though, the name is not right. You can't throw that name at it when it was from the TA's.

My buddy had a firehawk (T/A)... it was gorgeous... his luck he got wooped on by my other buddy with a WS6 T/A with twice the mileage and beaten on from day one... we never let him live it down.

I'm just not a fan of the cost, but like the concept/idea. From what I heard its north of $50k isnt it? I could buy a G8 GT for $30k, TVS it myself and be just as well off, just not have the limited edition name plate, etc. Could you post some pics/prices/ or links? I'll see if its on the slp website if they are doing the package.

EDIT: Here it is...

http://www.slp-firehawk.com/

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

nice, but iam still hooked on the CTS-V for sure.. its a CADDY !! that Hauls Azz !! like alot of Azz !! i mean sleeper look Haul N Azz !! I mean pull up see ya Porsche Azz !! lolol :drool::omg::rant:

I would just buy a GXP for around 37k and add the tvs and be better off having started at 415hp 415ftlbs and a 6.2l with brembos and a 6-speed manual :cheers:

Check out this vid

Puttin down more than the CTS-V and definetly more than the Firehawk. All you need is some flat black paint and wheels.

Edited by rwoodards (see edit history)

i have wanted a CTS-V since GM put it in its line.... but the whole reason the T/A was called a "Firehawk" is because that was a variation of the "Firebird"... there is no "bird" in "G8". I like the idea behind the car, i like the looks of the car, just name it something else.... besides didnt pontiac get the cabash? and didnt gm close the doors on the High Performance Vehicle division? i thought the only thing that was gonna live was the camaro and the corvette? where is this car coming from?

Edited by gbspigskin (see edit history)

besides didnt pontiac get the cabash? and didnt gm close the doors on the High Performance Vehicle division? i thought the only thing that was gonna live was the camaro and the corvette? where is this car coming from?

Yes. Yes. Yes. And you basically order a G8 GT and deliver it to SLP and they do all the work. I will agree that I love the CTS-V it has style and speed and is all around nasty. You could buy the G8 and throw the TSV on it and be much cheaper, but you wouldn't have the warrenty, and unfortunatly the big cost is the name. This has been dubbed "Pontiac's Last Muscle Car". It is all marketing, and the line about buying a piece of history draws in some long time Pontiac guys. But if you think about it a C6 ZO6 run's in the $70k's with what 505hp? This is still a grocrey getter getting just about that for $20k less. I mean I am by NO means comparing the ZO6 to this other than HP/Price. For some reason the looks of the G8 drew me in. There is something about them. Once again I do not like the name that they tagged it with. I personally think it is a last effort to draw in the Firebird crowd that they lost when they didn't make a new one. Over all I like the car. I wish it was available with a 6spd but oh well. I probably would not go drop $50k on it. I just like it. I have yet to see a GXP :( . The big thing that I am curious about with this car, is if they can still run the active fuel managment with the TVS.

Rob