I have been using meguiars professional yellow was for a couple of years now, and i'm just not that happy with the beading and uv protection.

I'm about to buy some adams buttery wax, and just wanted to get everyones info on if they thing it will be better or not. It's about the same price, but I hear adams go a long way.

Anyway just give me you input and tell me what you think!!

pm dylan06ss. i love adams. the buttery wax is awesome. i just ordered their new americana wax. yes it has to be applied by hand. so much for the easy d/a. lol but i hear its pretty sick. otherwise the buttery is great stuff. try not to eat it. it smells delicious

Buttery is not going to be your best choice for durability. Its a great looking wax, but durability is not its strong suite. If you want something durable go with the Machine Superwax via PC and a gray pad or bite the bullet and go with Americana. 2 thin coats of Americana Paste will outlast any sealant on the market IMO.

If you don't want to spend the money on Americana another option is to go with a base coat of Machine Superwax and then top that with a coat or 2 of Buttery. That'll give you great protection and appearance, but obviously requires 2 products and a little more time.

Before you order shoot me a PM, I still have a discount code or 2 that'll help get you some money off your purchase :cheers:

Americana Paste over a base coat of Machine Superwax:

DSC_4980.jpg

DSC_4992.jpg

DSC_4989.jpg

DSC_4984.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

this guys pictures are hard to argue with! if I wanna be lazy and use that porter cable polisher, what should I use? Ive always used mothers wax, and the bar clay seems to work good too

Buttery is not going to be your best choice for durability. Its a great looking wax, but durability is not its strong suite. If you want something durable go with the Machine Superwax via PC and a gray pad or bite the bullet and go with Americana. 2 thin coats of Americana Paste will outlast any sealant on the market IMO.

If you don't want to spend the money on Americana another option is to go with a base coat of Machine Superwax and then top that with a coat or 2 of Buttery. That'll give you great protection and appearance, but obviously requires 2 products and a little more time.

Before you order shoot me a PM, I still have a discount code or 2 that'll help get you some money off your purchase :cheers:

Americana Paste over a base coat of Machine Superwax:

DSC_4980.jpg

DSC_4992.jpg

DSC_4989.jpg

DSC_4984.jpg

i still cant believe it :omg: , that should work on red right?

No wax on the market is color specific, so yes... certain combos or particular products may react/perform better/worse on different colors, but not to the extent that most people would even notice.

I've been using www.Griotsgarage.com for the last year and its does a great job also.

Couldn't agree more, I have been using Griot's for almost a year and a half, couldn't be happier!

HPIM1155.jpg

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
No wax on the market is color specific, so yes... certain combos or particular products may react/perform better/worse on different colors, but not to the extent that most people would even notice.

that is true, im in the middle of ordering that samle pack you recomended, what do you recomend for 'quik detail', i just bought a botttle of nufinish cling, it seem to work better than ice, but s a pain to take off, so what do you recomend?