Volant Intake

I just installe my Volant intake on my truck. I love the way it makes the truck sound. It sounds so much stronger and healthier. I think it also gave the truck a nice gain cuz it pulls harder and quicker throughout the band especially down low it seems. I cant wait to hear the truck when I put my magnaflow muffler on it next week.

correct me if im wrong,volants website stated that the ram air tube is only for highway use??? either way i plan on getting one

I have the tube all you will need is the scoop to connect to the brake ducts, im not gonna use it since ima get fog lights. Buy my shocks and you can have it,lol.

Heres the pic of the intake.

DSCN0627.jpg

I had the same kit on my old 05' VHO. The ram air tube does make a difference. It helps get more cooler air to the filter.

Of course the design is not of a true "Ram Air" design due to the inside of the Volant air box having the fender cut out wide open.

This will not allow the box to pressurize and creat that "ram air" effect.

The positive thing about not having a true "ram air" design is the ability to get cooler air to the filter, and keep out water and hard debris from penetrating your air filter.

It is stated it is for highway only use due to the fact it "could" shove water into your Volant air box and get past the air filter. But pure neglect would be the cause of this happening. Like driving through high water or driving into a lake, pond, bay, or ocean!

If you still worry about water getting to your filter, then buy a water resistant filter sock to be on the safe side.

I ran my truck through heavy rains many times and the filter was always still dry after checking it when I would get home.

Anyways, congrats and good luck with future mods!

Jim

I love Volant. I think it has more low end torque than any other company, and It is really good looking!! I made my own ram air, and it doesn't seem to do much till I hit about 50 MPH or more, but cruising at 50 and flooring it I feel is a big difference or passing cars on one lane highways. I believe you will like the ram air!

i have the Volant also with the ram air tube. installed it almost 5 yrs. ago, and never had any sign of water in my box.. :thumbs:

been thinking over the years of sealing up the the fender opening. not totally, but about 90% my AIT around town is running about 10* above ambient temp, but on the highway over 50 mph it will drop to about 4* above.. so thinking it should drop around town temp a bit and still not act like a straw in the rain.. :lol:

:seeya: