Wanting To Supercharge

I have an 03 ss with 58,000. It is stock with duals. Will the cast pistons hold up?

I know that generally you want to run 8-1 compression with forged pistons however u could underdrive the charger. But would you have to underdrive it so much that its not worth it? I had a b/m street charger on my vega with 9-1 casts and it held i am just not sure of the motor in my ss. Its one thing to grenade a 68 327. However a 03 ss daily drive is another. Is their a complete kit i can buy? I know nothing about the whole fuel injection thing. All my motors up to this point have been carburated.

We have a Radix both on the Tahoe and the SSS and didn't do anything to the pistons. My Tahoe is my DD and I have had no problems with it whatsoever. If you are looking around and decide on a Magnacharger system, hit me up as we are sellers, and I can get you a system for cheaper than advertised.

Yeah, the old school issues with superchargers and the GEN I SBC's and BBC's are a thing of the past. There are several bolt on supercharger options that are safe out of the box for daily driving. Other issues to consider are things like transmission issues that could be caused by added hp over time.

Here are some websites to manufacturers for supercharger and turbo systems.

www.magnacharger.com

www.procharger.com

www.vortechsuperchargers.com

www.ststurbo.com

There are others as well, but less common. Livernois Motorports used to produce a turbo kit, but I couldnt find it on their website.

Also, here is a link to a pro and con list of common forced induction applications for our trucks.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13056

Do a lot of research and you should be able to pick a system you will be happy with. I went with the "radix" or aka magnacharger myself. My truck is a daily driver as well.

There is plenty of info on our site here also.

I'm selling a used Radix MP112 that would be perfect if you didn't want to get into a new one. I've had 60,000 trouble free miles with mine. Drove it back, and forth across the country, in winter, everything. Never had a problem. In fact, when I pulled the Radix off my 5.3 to remove it, the intake ports are clean as can be! Almost 80,000 miles, and approx. 60,000 of them under the Radix pushing 10 pounds of boost.

IMAO, the magnacharger s/c's are the most complete kit and are designed for the stock motors. After I put mine on, I ended up

getting better mpg on the highway.(that's when my foot is out of it)..

IMAO, the magnacharger s/c's are the most complete kit and are designed for the stock motors. After I put mine on, I ended up

getting better mpg on the highway.(that's when my foot is out of it)..

its probly on here somewhere but slapping one on a stock(ish) motor, how much of a real increase of power do you get? or basically what times would you be running?

Dcairns has the basic radix kit with intercooler and no other mods, he ran a 13.92. I'm not sure if that included the bed cap he has or not, so that could make a difference. Look in the STRIP forum section and look at the fastest silverado ss list. Its on there. Typically, a basic radix kit should net mid -high 13's out of the box with the included hand held programmer. Low 13's isnt hard though with a smaller pulley, headers, stall, better tune, etc. I ran a 13.19 with only 5psi boost and mods in sig. 12's are a pulley away for me.

I ran 13.0 @ 102 read my mod list

you ran that with 22's? dang. This may open up to be one of my options, because I'm thinkin of not going too crazy with the truck and get myself another toy, and especially from how yall say that it holds up for daily driving.

Edited by DMF (see edit history)

you ran that with 22's? dang. This may open up to be one of my options, because I'm thinkin of not going too crazy with the truck and get myself another toy, and especially from how yall say that it holds up for daily driving.

no no not with the 22s lol. i ran 13.3 with the stock 20s in cool weather with a street tune and i ran 13.0 with drag radials in hot weather

i put a ati procharger on and was running 13.5 with everything else stock, the procharger kits are intercooled and was pretty easy to put on. you dont have to pull your motor apart to put it on just disconnect the stock intake tube and filter and route the pipes and away you go. dont forget to get bigger injectors and you will probably need a bigger fuel pump too. the good thing about the procharger is that it makes boost after 2500rpms so everyday driving you will not notice any differance "untill you get on it" if your just crusing. the radix makes low end boost but dies down in the high rpms... just some things you should decide on or think about what you want before you buy something.

i put a ati procharger on and was running 13.5 with everything else stock, the procharger kits are intercooled and was pretty easy to put on. you dont have to pull your motor apart to put it on just disconnect the stock intake tube and filter and route the pipes and away you go. dont forget to get bigger injectors and you will probably need a bigger fuel pump too. the good thing about the procharger is that it makes boost after 2500rpms so everyday driving you will not notice any differance "untill you get on it" if your just crusing. the radix makes low end boost but dies down in the high rpms... just some things you should decide on or think about what you want before you buy something.

how would the truck run with the larger injectors under 2500rpm. would it foul plugs?