Want A Show Car Shine

I have a black 06 SS

My truck looks flawless sitting outside in the natural sunlight, but when i pull in in my garage under the flourescent lights, I see all the find scratches in the paint.

In the past, I always used the following process:

3M rubing compound with a wool bonnet buffed

3M Glaze with a foam pad buffed

mother's pure carnuba wax by hand

I'm not 100% happy with the results, as it seems for the truck sitting so much in the garage I shouldnt have this many scratches.

What products do you recommend for a show car shine?

would this be a good kit for what im looking for?

CLICK

that one doesnt include the americana wax, get the portercable somewhere else i paid 110 shipped.this is what i got portercable 110+swirl and haze removal 20+fine machine polish 24+orange and white pad 20+backing plate 15+americana wax 70 worth every penny total $259

i already have a snap on buffer, I just need the wax and pads
is your snap on a rpm buffer?....if it is be very careful you could burn the paint in the quickness....compared to the portercable is opm and almost impossible to burn the paint.....

is your snap on a rpm buffer?....if it is be very careful you could burn the paint in the quickness....compared to the portercable is opm and almost impossible to burn the paint.....

X2, also if it is a rotary you will need a diffrent backing plate then the DA's like the porter cable 7242 ect.

This is what i used last time i polished my truck.

SSR 2.5 w/orange ccs pad

SSR 1 w/white ccs pad

Red moose machine glaze w/ black ccs pad

and topped it off whit a coat of chemical guys 50/50

I was very satisfied and last thursday i washed it again and all the water litterally rolled off the truck, i had to do very little drying.

Thats weird, I wonder why the PM didn't come thru??

Rob/Slammedbowtie told me today that when he tried to PM you, it said that you were no longer a registerd user.

I have already talked with Josh ... He is looking into it ... :thumbs:

Rob/Slammedbowtie told me today that when he tried to PM you, it said that you were no longer a registerd user.

I have already talked with Josh ... He is looking into it ... :thumbs:

Thats really weird... did you guys ban me for being too cool? :jester:

Only thing I can think of is I updated my email contact info, but I reregisterd via the link that was sent so I thought it should be all good... I'll go back and try it again, maybe that'll clear it up.

X2, also if it is a rotary you will need a diffrent backing plate then the DA's like the porter cable 7242 ect.

This is what i used last time i polished my truck.

SSR 2.5 w/orange ccs pad

SSR 1 w/white ccs pad

Red moose machine glaze w/ black ccs pad

and topped it off whit a coat of chemical guys 50/50

I was very satisfied and last thursday i washed it again and all the water litterally rolled off the truck, i had to do very little drying.

I love red moose machine glaze. I always top it with Moose Carnauba Wax.

P1010346.jpg