Amp Location

I am in the process of building a box to hold my 2 Alpine type r 10's facing forward. I raised my back seat up 2". Now I was sure I was going to put my amps on the back wall so I made a plate with carpet on it to install a Signal Line Driver, distribution block and sub amp and a speaker amp. Now when I fold the backrest on the seat down there is clearance for the amps, but if I fold the bottom of the seat up the back of the seat will hit the amps. Not room behind the seat. I don't want to lose access under the seat, I made the box so I still have storage. Where does everyone have their amps located?

back wall lol. u have to put them low cause there are to bolts on the back of the seat that will hit it when u fold it. if u put the amps about 6 inches from the hump completely flat u should have no problem

back wall lol. u have to put them low cause there are to bolts on the back of the seat that will hit it when u fold it. if u put the amps about 6 inches from the hump completely flat u should have no problem

cut the bolts off of the seat :) problemo all gone!

this is the setup that i was thinking about doing. i was either thinking forward or straight up. not sure yet. Can i get your plans for that box? if not no big deal. ive just been looking around for a while.

Its pretty easy to build, just used a piece of carboard to get the dimensions right for the front piece, the rest I just measured as I went. It is all gonna depend how high you lifted your seat, how deep you want the box, ie: how easy you want your feet to hit the subs! I will get you some measurements tonight. I am thinking I want to build a 3rd box and make them point straight down now instead. I need 2" from sub to floor of truck, but how far infront of the back hump can it be? How much room do I need for air to move up behind the seat? Would a heavy sub rip the screws right out of the box? I only used, 5/8" MDF maybe 3/4" is better?

• 8 months later...

I put subs in my truck almost as soon as I got it, and the box they were in at first faced upwards into the seat. I went to an audio place in town about 5 months ago to try to get some more power out of them and the guy just suggested getting a box that made the subs face the floor. He happended to have one in back specifically for our trucks. Best $100 I have spent on my audio system, the difference is night and day! So i suggest to anyone: If you want subs, face them down!