Tough Weekend 4 Me .............

Chevcup47

Ok here it is not many people know but from the end of 1994 untill April of 1997 i lived in Lousiana. with my second wife we had my son Jesse Allen. he is named after my dad and grandfather (first name ) and myself ( middle name ). he was only 8 months old when i left and i have through the years tried to get in touch and get to know him but have been unable to do so. when i got home thursday evening my wife told me my mom was calling me. when she did i was finally able to go pick up my dad and see my son who is now 12 going on 13. was nice to be able to see him but really hurt to have to let him leave before even getting to talk with him or spend any real time with him. i was able to give him my contact numbers and hope he will be in touch when he can. sorry for the long post just had to tell someone about my deal and figured all of you were the best to tell ..............

post-9619-1246847386_thumb.jpg

wow man ... that is a deep emotional situation. Man I hope this develops into something grand for you.

Im hoping so also but i guess only time will tell . at liest the x has told him about me and has let him start to make his own mind up on what he wants to do and say.

Sounds like a beginning to me. Now he's met you, he knows where you are and how to contact you. It's gotta be hard on him too. 12 years and all of a sudden a dad to deal with and get to know. Give him time. My bet is he'll be looking you up sooner than you expect.

It's a start. I can understand, many years ago I left a woman to marry my wife, after my wife and I moved I heard through the grapevine that the ex was 4-mos pregnant - I had to sue to get my name on the birth certificate. I have not been allowed contact with my estranged son, he is also 13 now and I am looking forward to a change of situation now that he can legally have a say in regard to establishing a relationship.

Mr. P.

Ditto brother.

It's tough to regret something. Make sure he knows you're there for him. Don't feel bad if it's kinda' weird at first... you guys will get a good relationship going.

Good luck with that bud.

I believe he will gain interest and want to know you. I did not speak to my father for over 10 years, he lost my respect. However I realized not talking to him was ignorant (as health issues woke me up). I am now meeting him tommorow for my bday.

I hope this is the beginning of a great relationship for ya. :cheers: