Cali People, I Need Input!

i posted a topic a few weeks ago when i found out i was going to be relocated to stockton area. my wife and i are currently looking at houses in WESTON RANCH, can anygive me opinions on this neighborhood. keep in mind i have a 1.5yr old daughter and another one due in nov, so living in an safe neighborhood is no option. if this is not a good neighborhood please give me advice on where to look. i will be working at the army recruiting station on pacific, keep that in mind also when making reccomendations, keeping it within a 20 mile distance if possible.

stockton is in sac area i believe, yes i saw the data and i know its not the best place. unfortunately i have no choice, uncle sam is above me in the decision making. willing to drive as far as lodi, but trying to get info on that weston ranch before i make the longer commute to lodi.

I don't think Stockton is the best neighborhood to begin with. Check this site out hope it helps

http://www.city-data.com/city/Stockton-California.html

this is a nice website, far different from the one a guy that i will be working with sent me.

When I was younger I used to help my step father with his carpet cleaning business up in Stockton, and from what I remember there weren't that many "good" areas. That's been a long time so things could have changed, but when I head up to my mom's place, which is just outside of Sac, I avoid stopping in Stockton. As for location, Stockton is a little more than an hour from the bay area and about the same to Sac.

If possible I would suggest looking into other areas before having to resort to Stockton. Just my $.02.

Check out Elk Grove. Its on the Southern side of Sacramento and just north of stocton. Short drive all freeway to Stocton and they have nice neighborhoods there. Lots of forclosed homes avail at cheap prices there too.