Detuned The Truck

i detuned the the truck a couple of weeks ago with my superchips programer and it seems to run better on 87, why?, she seeems to pull alot harder and alot smother when i i need her too, i wonder why?.

when i had it on performance i was like aaaa nothing to brag about.

anyways thanks guys. vidal

Edited by Vidalss (see edit history)

no no no no no no, i was triyng to save on gas, because it was up to 3.01$ for the premium, and i have to save money for my upcoming court date, i mean shes not overheating, she runs like i said a little better i think, and the superships includes a limited auto warranty, should i switch back?

no no no no no no, i was triyng to save on gas, because it was up to 3.01$ for the premium, and i have to save money for my upcoming court date, i mean shes not overheating, she runs like i said a little better i think, and the superships includes a limited auto warranty, should i switch back?

yes switch back to 91, if ur trying to save some money for ur court date this isnt the place to cut corners cuz it could end up worst in the long run. just try not to drive so much when its not absolutely needed, only drive if u have to and dont stomp on the throttle all the time cruise it at all times and u'll be surprised how much longer that gas tank can last u...

-Rob

The octane booster you find at part store is really junk.If it say it increases the octane 7 points,do not be fooled.That is .7 points which is not even 1 full octane point!!

EXACTLY! Read the label on the back...its an eye opener! You would be better dumping a quart of methanol in your tank at fill up.

Running low octane fuel = knock/ping/detonation = poor fuel economy and less power

knock/ping/detonation can destroy your engine over time :nono:

GM recommends running 91 or higher octane for a reason, running 87 octane will save you $0.00 because your truck will not be as efficient.......