Commercial Driver's License

Stitches040

Hey all ...

Who here holds a Commercial Driver's Licnese with the Hazardous Materials Endorsement???

Besides what I do for a living, I possess a Commercial Driver's License - Class A, with TXP endorsements. (I can drive anything but a School Bus. But I have a funny feeling, that is going to be the one vehicle in my life, I can live without driving ... LOL)

I just recieved a letter from my RMV stating that the Homeland Securtiy and the TSA need to do a background check on me, in order for me to still hold my HazMat endorsement. You must fill out the Form and get fingerprinted at a tune of $90.00. Plus if I'm reading their website correctly, We have to do this every five (5) years??? TSA HazMat website ... www.hazprints.com

I'm just seeing if anyone else has had to do this already, and if it is truly a PITA. Because if it is, I may just let my HazMat endorsement go bye bye ... I have no plans of driving a Tractor Trailer again, until I retire from the Force ... :thumbs:

Speak up and let me know ...

BTW ... If you hold or plan on getting a CDL license ... Let me know, I have a pretty good "Practice Exam" that I can photocopy and mail to you ... lol

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

yeah i work for the T as a mechanic and all the wrecker drivers and foreman had to do this and ur right from what they said it was just a pita. im hoping to get my a soon just gotta wait for seniority list to get down to me

I have mine and last year had to fingerprint. The company I work for picked up all the expense. I drove a little over 100 miles to get the fingerprints done but did it on company time and company car :cheers:

BTW-I think I had to send in an application and within 10 days they replied and gave me the OK to fingerprint. I cant remember if another drug test was in the mix.

passed my cdl test just yesterday, but i didn't stand in line to get my photo taken, so i have to go back down there on monday. i'll ask them what the details are about the hazmat endorsment.

passed my cdl test just yesterday, but i didn't stand in line to get my photo taken, so i have to go back down there on monday. i'll ask them what the details are about the hazmat endorsment.

Good for you ... Like I said ... IF you want to take the HazMat test .. let me know ... :thumbs:

Good for you ... Like I said ... IF you want to take the HazMat test .. let me know ... :thumbs:

thanks shuan! i probably wont need to add the hazmat on since all i need the cdl for is test drives, but if i ever do need it, i'll hit you up. :cheers:

I drive truck up in Alaska and all I haul is heay equipment 99% of the time. I occasionally have to haul fuel trucks or tanks and I am required to have my haz mat even when they are empty. It does suck that they require us to update our background checks(including fingerprints) every 5 years. I had to go through everything for the haz mat and for the twix card(pass onto the shipping docks). They even made me give two seperate fingerprints and both background checks were for homeland security. Imagine that. It is definitly a pain in the behind.