Garage Furniture

wody

so i got the idea from watching top gear, when they parted out one of their cars and made a table out of an engine block. so i looked some blocks up on summit, and found replica engine blocks that are meant to be used for fitting and clearance checks. they have a bunch of different blocks, like chevy, ford, mopar, and even a v twin. it would be kind of fun to have a table with an engine block stand, but i think in my case, i may buy one to put some of the parts i have laying around on to bring back and keep my motivation up for my truck, mock up fuel rails, lines, wiring, and nitrous.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PYP-2046/?image=large

Are those Wine bottles in the slug holes, haha, that's awesome. I've seen it before, but the dawn wheels are turnin. I know of an LQ4 spun a cam bearing and toasted the block.... but it looks good, hmmmmmm.

im thinking a nice ls1 alum block would be the ticket , lighter than an iron block but will require something to hold the rod to it like that one pictured. or you could maching the hell out of the inside of the block with a torch to lighten it up . you would want to put some heavy rubber on the bottom of it if you have a hard floor. you got my brain gears turnin now. maybe a coat rack built from a driveshaft lol , i have seen a few tables made from some blem weld wheels but it still looks like it wasnt meant to be a table .

...you got my brain gears turnin now. maybe a coat rack built from a driveshaft lol...

snap-on kitchen cupboards, and snap-on bedroom dressers