Me And A Srt8 300 Street Race From A Light!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how everybody is trying to call BS on you....WTF? I believe you man! Great Kill on SRT8 brotha!

No!, its not that, for me its the fact that the ss pulled right from almost the begining, not to say that i dont have confidence in our trucks, i was expecting a little bit more bite from a 425HP hemi, thats all, like i said its a nice kill nomatter what :chevy:

its not that, for me its the fact that the ss pulled right from almost the begining, not to say that i dont have confidence in our trucks

It was a 0-60 race for the most part, maybe 0-80, right where the AWD Silverado SS with a blower shines. Sure he has a procharger, not a radix, but it still produces a good amount of low end torque. The SRT8's would probably trap in the 105 range whereas his truck traps in the 101 range. I love to race from a dig because I know I stand a much better chance than from a 60-70 roll. Had they continued on to over 100mph, the SRT8 might have at least stopped his pull or even reversed it and began to make a little ground.

It was a 0-60 race for the most part, maybe 0-80, right where the AWD Silverado SS with a blower shines. Sure he has a procharger, not a radix, but it still produces a good amount of low end torque. The SRT8's would probably trap in the 105 range whereas his truck traps in the 101 range. I love to race from a dig because I know I stand a much better chance than from a 60-70 roll. Had they continued on to over 100mph, the SRT8 might have at least stopped his pull or even reversed it and began to make a little ground.

yes you are right it was a 0-83.4 mph according to my garmin navigation, but at the same time the faster we went the more he fell behind, keep in mind i have a procharger the faster i go the more it pulls. and the 1/4 mile time in my sig was before i had long tubes with cat deletes and before i had made my custom intake that lowered my ait's alot... made a big differance.. we raced from a roll to about 30-40 mph and he took off on me for a min but i cought him by the time we got to 80 or so.

we are going to take some pics tonight!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice kill, and I can confirm that it's an SRT8. You can tell by the wheels. The SRT8 does still have the C emblem on the side - the only different emblem is on the trunk.

Many drivers have run under 13 seconds stock, but traction is tough to get with the standard stock tires (Good Year Eagle RS-A) - with the optional Eagle F1 Supercar tires, traction is much better.