Its Back......

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the tick go away after you have been it driving for a bit? Or is it consistant? Are you still running the stock cats??? Do you have/have you had a CEL at all??

Worst case scenario, possible rod bearing or spun cam bearing........

Does the tick go away after you have been it driving for a bit? Or is it consistant? Are you still running the stock cats??? Do you have/have you had a CEL at all??

Worst case scenario, possible rod bearing or spun cam bearing........

after the truck is warmed up you can only hear the tick over 1000rpm, yes i am running stock cats and no CEL.

Get rid of those cats! It is possible that you have a bad cat causing that tick! I assume you checked for an exhaust leak too? Your oil pressure is okay?

I hate to say this again, if all else fails, there is the extreme possibilty that you have a spun cam bearing....

Get rid of those cats! It is possible that you have a bad cat causing that tick! I assume you checked for an exhaust leak too? Your oil pressure is okay?

I hate to say this again, if all else fails, there is the extreme possibilty that you have a spun cam bearing....

very good suggestion Dan. When my cat went bad it sounded like a lifter ticking like hell i thought i was gonna have to do some major engine work. Thank God that i was home and my dad had his tow truck come get it take it to his dealership and they fixed it for free. well we deleted them is wht we did lol. try that Will good luck brother

I'd start with your cats..

Then I'd consider main bearings, cam bearing, or a wrist pin.

You ever ran a compression check ?

I'd run 20-50 IMO Untill you figure it out. Check your oil for shavings.. I'd even consider changing to that for good. RP20-50 here..