Bilstein Shock Installation Question

I am installing new bilstein shocks while doing a complete brake job and some other required maintenance.

I have a kind of dumb question for the front shocks.

When I took out the stock front shock, for the top mount, there were two rubber bushings with metal plates and with a metal sleeve inside the two bushings. When I got the bilsteins, they came with new rubber bushings and metal plates, but no metal sleeve. The stock metal sleeve isnt even close to fitting into the bilstein rubber bushings. Do I install them without the metal sleeve? Or do I need to press/fit the sleeve into the new bushings, which doesnt make a lot of sense to me. It seems like the bilsteins mount up without the sleeve, but not sure. All the instructions I found online showed without the sleeve, but were kind of vague.

Also, anyone know how far to tighten them? I saw a set of instructions online somewhere that showed to not compress them to much, just tighten the nut down to the top bushing plate, then go 5-6 turns more? (these were for edelbrock shocks though). My Chiltons book says for 2003 trucks to tighten to 70lb/ft, but for 2004+ to tighten only to I think 15 or 20lb/ft if I remember correctly. But this is obviously for a stock shock...

Thanks.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)