Painted My Fuse Boxs Lid And Covers. Wow

shawnss

well i didnt have much going on today so i wanted to try something new. ghosting in my SS logo on my fuse panel lid. It turned out better then i thought. First off just to let you guys know this was all done by myself only useing spray paint . it just goes to show what you can do with alittle bit of time. Let me know what you guys think. this was my first time ever tryin something like this. look at the fuse cover.

micspics009.jpg

micspics012.jpg

looks good!!! how did you do that?

Well after i preped the panel with Adhesion promoter and primer i laid down a coat of silver paint. Then the cut the SS logos out of sticker paper. and laid the logos over the silver after it dried. Then i laid the arrival blue over the cover. Waited for it to dry and then i pilled the sticker off and then laid two light coats of arrival blue . And cleared it and bam i was done.

looks good!!! how did you do that?

heres a few more pictures while i was preping as i went.

This is were i cut out the logos and placed them where i wanted them. this was after i laid my silver base coat.

micspics025.jpg

Then i painted the cover with my color matched paint. then i let it dry. then i pilled the logos.

micspics004.jpg

And then i put two light coats of arrival blue after pilling the logos to blend it in a bit. getting the ghost affect.

micspics005.jpg

You did a great job it looks really good. I've been wanting to do something to mine, thanks for the idea

Yeah and really it was pretty easy. It just takes alot of dry time. But i find other things todo in the mean time. like detail the truck.

what did you use to scuff the surface up?

320 grit and then 600 to smooth it out. make sure you knock off all the little plastic bers or the will stick out like no other and look crappy.