Fedor Signed!

BlkSSnCpt

Fedor has signed a multi-fight with Strikeforce. Fedor is the biggest name in the MMA world and the UFC tried to sign him last week since Affliction the orgnization he was fighting for went under but his managment and the UFC's brass could not come to an agreement. well today he signed with Strikeforce the UFC's only legit competitor, who really isnt much compitition for them anyways butwith Emelianenko will definately boost that.

here's the article:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15713/breaking-n...-co-promote.mma

i would have loved to see him in the UFC but M1 demanding the UFC copromote was stupid an I dont blame them for not wanting to sign him because of that clause. but we'll see wat happens...

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

hes an idiot for not signing with the ufc ! if he ever wants to be a somebody in the sport he would have signed with them. fighters careers arnt that long his time is ticking and as long as he is fighting nobodys he will never be credited as an all time great... in my opinion!

Fedor is a legend in the heavyweight class in MMA, but I do believe his legend status will deteriorate if he continues to avoid the UFC. Yes he has stopped Minotauro Nog twice plus a NC, Tim Sylvia but well after his prime, and most recently Arlovski, but these guys are not the best the UFC heavyweight class has to offer. Lesnar, Mir, Kongo, Carwin, and Velasquez I dare say would give him a better run at this point. A lot of me believes he is scared of ruining the ora that has come about with his name and he doesn't wanna get his ass handed to him. Either way, it sucks for fans like us!

I watch inside MMA and they made it clear Fedor is M-1..that is his deal..his nest egg...thats why he is so adimit in trying to copromote..he is the chief shareholder from what they said and the UFC used to copromote and would probably benefit by doing so here and signing the fight everyone wants to see....To say fedor fights nobodys is a dumb statement..anybody who is anybody recognizes how good Fedor is.

10 Fedor Facts:

1. He has held 5 MMA championships, and never lost them.

2. Fedor holds the best win streak in all mma, 24

3. Fedor has never been knocked down by any type of strike.

4. Most recent win over Tim Sylvia a top 5 HW lasted 36 seconds.

5. Fedor has a finishing percentage of 75%

6. No fighter has ever stopped Fedor in a fight. But 1 doctor has.

7. Has defeated 5 different HW champions or X champions.

8. Fedor has 70 total take downs in mma, 41 of which upper body take downs.

9. Fedor has 12 wins in under 2 minutes

10. And 5 wins under 1 minute.

There is only ONE fighter that has beaten:

5 different X UFC champions

Coleman

Randleman

Sylvia

Nog x2

Arlovski

4 kick boxing champions

Schilt

Hunt

Goodridge

HMC

-Honorable mention, Mirko Filipovic

7 different MMA champions

Coleman

Randleman

Sylvia

Nog

Goodridge

Mirko

Arlovski

2 silver olympic medalist

Lindland

Ogawa

1 ADCC open weight champion

Arona

There is only 1 fighter that has gone 30+ fights that has

- Never lost a decision.

- Never been sub'd

- Never been knocked out

Only one fighter that has ever won 5 different mma championships.

- Wamma HW belt

- Pride HW belt

- Pride Grand Prix tournament

- Rings king of kings tournament

- Rings world class tournament

All while finishing 75% of his opponents.

A current 24 fight win streak

With 21 victories in the first round

4 victories in the first minute

12 victories in the first 2 minutes

No other fighter in all MMA has any where near the list of accomplishments.

Mind you Fedor did this while being injured 2 times due to injuries he sustained to his hand during a fight. And while top fighters backed out of fights. One of which back out on multiple occasions

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

I watch inside MMA and they made it clear Fedor is M-1..that is his deal..his nest egg...thats why he is so adimit in trying to copromote..he is the chief shareholder from what they said and the UFC used to copromote and would probably benefit by doing so here and signing the fight everyone wants to see....To say fedor fights nobodys is a dumb statement..anybody who is anybody recognizes how good Fedor is.

10 Fedor Facts:

1. He has held 5 MMA championships, and never lost them.

2. Fedor holds the best win streak in all mma, 24

3. Fedor has never been knocked down by any type of strike.

4. Most recent win over Tim Sylvia a top 5 HW lasted 36 seconds.

5. Fedor has a finishing percentage of 75%

6. No fighter has ever stopped Fedor in a fight. But 1 doctor has.

7. Has defeated 5 different HW champions or X champions.

8. Fedor has 70 total take downs in mma, 41 of which upper body take downs.

9. Fedor has 12 wins in under 2 minutes

10. And 5 wins under 1 minute.

There is only ONE fighter that has beaten:

5 different X UFC champions

Coleman

Randleman

Sylvia

Nog x2

Arlovski

4 kick boxing champions

Schilt

Hunt

Goodridge

HMC

-Honorable mention, Mirko Filipovic

7 different MMA champions

Coleman

Randleman

Sylvia

Nog

Goodridge

Mirko

Arlovski

2 silver olympic medalist

Lindland

Ogawa

1 ADCC open weight champion

Arona

There is only 1 fighter that has gone 30+ fights that has

- Never lost a decision.

- Never been sub'd

- Never been knocked out

Only one fighter that has ever won 5 different mma championships.

- Wamma HW belt

- Pride HW belt

- Pride Grand Prix tournament

- Rings king of kings tournament

- Rings world class tournament

All while finishing 75% of his opponents.

A current 24 fight win streak

With 21 victories in the first round

4 victories in the first minute

12 victories in the first 2 minutes

No other fighter in all MMA has any where near the list of accomplishments.

Mind you Fedor did this while being injured 2 times due to injuries he sustained to his hand during a fight. And while top fighters backed out of fights. One of which back out on multiple occasions

--Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I'll respond - Obviously the following list lays out a convincing argument and I never said he wasn't good or one of the all-time greats, but I really don't like the shadow game him and DW continue to play. DW knows what its gonna take, but isn't willing to go that far. Fedor could easily come to an agreement, but chooses not to for "money reasons." I'm just sayin I think there might be more behind his decisions than money.

Oh, and I wouldn't use his KO of Sylvia as that great of a thing as Sylvia is well past his prime and has been gettin pounded pretty bad lately. In his last match he was knocked out in 9 seconds by Ray Mercer. And obviously look how badly Mir took out Nog. Nog had never been stopped in his career - not even by Fedor in their 3 fights - and Mir did just that - stopped him. Yes, Nog is a different fighter than he was when he faced Fedor back in the day, but you cannot argue that the UFC heavyweight class is much deeper than Strikeforce. The best fight I could see for him currently would be Mir as Mir has a very solid submission game. Oh well, one can only dream!

Edited by bison1040 (see edit history)

Oh, and I wouldn't use his KO of Sylvia as that great of a thing as Sylvia is well past his prime and has been gettin pounded pretty bad lately. In his last match he was knocked out in 9 seconds by Ray Mercer. And obviously look how badly Mir took out Nog. Nog had never been stopped in his career - not even by Fedor in their 3 fights - and Mir did just that - stopped him. Yes, Nog is a different fighter than he was when he faced Fedor back in the day, but you cannot argue that the UFC heavyweight class is much deeper than Strikeforce. The best fight I could see for him currently would be Mir as Mir has a very solid submission game. Oh well, one can only dream!

Sylvia wasnt his last fight Andre Arlovski was, and Arlovski looked eb tog etting the best of him in the stand up until he got a bit cocky and went for a flying knee a got caught by an over hand right. Mir took out Big Nog way past his prime, not trying take away anything from Mir but he definately doesnt hit as hard as Fedor and he fawking pounded Big Nog deadly in their first fight, actually kinda hard to watch damn it was brutal. BUT i do think Mir would give him a good fight tho, since Mir stand up has improved greatly i think Fedor would want to take him down and then Mir is no slouch on his back either so i'd be interested in seeing that one. but everyone was waiting for Fedor to fight Brock, i guess i'm personally not very interested in that fight but i would be good tho. anyways Fedor has the mystique about him for a reason, as Brad posted he has a great record and has beaten the best in MMA but i dont think Strikeforce really has anyone to offer Fedor much of a challange. only person that could give him a fight would be Brett Rogers, he packs a heavy punch but then again he's not very light on his feet and his ground game is questionable so i would figure Fedor would try to take him down and pund him out or sub him...

-Rob

Sylvia wasnt his last fight Andre Arlovski was, and Arlovski looked eb tog etting the best of him in the stand up until he got a bit cocky and went for a flying knee a got caught by an over hand right. Mir took out Big Nog way past his prime, not trying take away anything from Mir but he definately doesnt hit as hard as Fedor and he fawking pounded Big Nog deadly in their first fight, actually kinda hard to watch damn it was brutal. BUT i do think Mir would give him a good fight tho, since Mir stand up has improved greatly i think Fedor would want to take him down and then Mir is no slouch on his back either so i'd be interested in seeing that one. but everyone was waiting for Fedor to fight Brock, i guess i'm personally not very interested in that fight but i would be good tho. anyways Fedor has the mystique about him for a reason, as Brad posted he has a great record and has beaten the best in MMA but i dont think Strikeforce really has anyone to offer Fedor much of a challange. only person that could give him a fight would be Brett Rogers, he packs a heavy punch but then again he's not very light on his feet and his ground game is questionable so i would figure Fedor would try to take him down and pund him out or sub him...

-Rob

Yeah, I know. Read my first post = post #3 where I stated most recently the taking down of Arlovski. I agree though as I would just like to see what he could do against the other guys the UFC has to offer that are in their "prime" compared to Nog and Sylvia, whether it be Lesnar, Mir, Cheik Kongo, Cain Velasquez, etc. Once again though we are the losers in this whole deal and I agree with BigTs, DW is a tool.

Hands down FEDOR is the best fighter out there....and he did not sign with UFC cause Dana White is a a**hole. When he fights he makes it look so easy

You obviously are not a MMA fan, or at least one that knows anything about the sport. What Fedor's agent was asking for was pure insanity. He basically wanted half of UFC, because he wanted to co-promote w/ them. Where is White and ahole for not wanting to give up something he worked blood sweat and tears into to build from something that was basically extinct. For one fool! Scratch that, one fight! He just wants to set Fedor up against Lesnar! Thats the biggest reason he wants to sign him. Everyone wants to see that fight. Fedor and his agent are morons. Now the ball is in Whites court. He may not get the fight and the money he wanted out of it, but he'll never have to offer up the money he did to Fedor again. Out of Whites mouth, Ill never go to Fedor again and if he comes to me on my terms, we'll work something out.

Fedor and his agent are stupid and IMO, I think Fedor is scared to lose to Lesnar.

You obviously are not a MMA fan, or at least one that knows anything about the sport. What Fedor's agent was asking for was pure insanity. He basically wanted half of UFC, because he wanted to co-promote w/ them. Where is White and ahole for not wanting to give up something he worked blood sweat and tears into to build from something that was basically extinct. For one fool! Scratch that, one fight! He just wants to set Fedor up against Lesnar! Thats the biggest reason he wants to sign him. Everyone wants to see that fight. Fedor and his agent are morons. Now the ball is in Whites court. He may not get the fight and the money he wanted out of it, but he'll never have to offer up the money he did to Fedor again. Out of Whites mouth, Ill never go to Fedor again and if he comes to me on my terms, we'll work something out.

Fedor and his agent are stupid and IMO, I think Fedor is scared to lose to Lesnar.

Granted, it's just my opinion, but I'm a fan of the ufc when it literally lived up to it's name "ultimate fighting championship". I still watch it today, I'm a fan of lesnar and all, but it's not as good as it was when it was illegal in some states. Fedor hands down is my favorite fighter, him and then crocop-which by the way was good to see him come back...Shitty fight, but he's back :P as much as I wanna see fedor fight lesnar, I think crocop and lesnar would be a damn good fight. I highly doubt that fedor is scared of lesnar.... Lesnar made a mistake and Mir got him on it, the first fight anyways, and that's exactly what fedor would do just like he did with arlovski, wait until he makes a mistake... and people are saying so much about lesnar's size and how big he is blah blah blah, yeah he's a big sombitch, but does anyone remember the fedor and hong man choi fight???? or fedor vs. zulu? Okay yeah zulu was just obese and couldnt fight ill admit that :jester: I could go on all day but dont have the time, so accuse me of not being a "true" mma fan lol, but it's just my 2 cents

Edited by DMF (see edit history)