Silverado Ss Registry

pacamaro

Hey Guys,

Lets start a SSS registry! How do we make it its own topic in the main menu? I figured it would consist of:

1. Member Name and Actual Name

2. Where you live

3. Year

4. Color

5. 2wd or AWD

6. Vin #

7. Prod. date

EX:

Pacamaro - Tony D'Antonio

West Chester, Pa

2003 Silverado SS

Black

AWD

2GCEK19NXXXXXXXXX

06/03??? not positive off the top of my head

When we get enough we can start putting them in order...

You guys interested???

Thanks,

Pacamaro

I already have a few of my buddies SSS and I wanna get more. PM me or Email me your info [email protected]

Edited by pacamaro (see edit history)

Ok, but how would we put them in order?

How bout this, to put the vehicles in order I won't disclose the VINs if you choose to send me them. I just really want to create an accurate SSS registry :)

Edited by pacamaro (see edit history)

I don't think many will bite, I'm content with whats under my username as well as others but who knows what others think. If you look at it now everyone that wants others to know what they have and where they generally live have it posted. I wouldn't give up my VIN just for another forum member to create a registry that won't be very accurate. Good luck though and don't take my post as an insult.

Like Brad said, all the info is already in front of us, under our Avatars and in our Member Profiles(build dates are in the profiles). It is a nice idea but will take some work to organize, and all VIN #'s should remain private IMO. :ninja:

Like Brad said, all the info is already in front of us, under our Avatars and in our Member Profiles(build dates are in the profiles). It is a nice idea but will take some work to organize, and all VIN #'s should remain private IMO. :ninja:

Lots of information can be put in the "Garage" section as well.

There are websites out there that are doing exactly as you want to do. I came up with this website when I did a quick Google search for Camaro VIN Registry.

I think a database would need to be designed where an SSS owner could enter their SS into and it would automatically put the VIN into the proper sequence by year. I'm sure database programmers build this type of database on a daily basis. It would also need to have checks and balances built into it to assure the SS's being entered in to it are TRUE SS's, and not WannaBe SS's, Clones, Fakes, regular Silverados, etc.; there would have to be a way to "authenticate the entry". As for having the VIN's entered but not shown I would think that would be a pretty easy for a database programmer as well.

Suggestion: Try contacting some websites that currently have Vehicle Registry's and see how they do them.

Another thought: TecStar was the company that Chevrolet used for up-fitting a regular Silverado to a Silverado SS, you might try locating them and see if they could provide you with a list of all the VIN's of all the SSS's that they sent out so it could be used as the "authentication" for your "accurate SSS registry".

Good luck...keep us posted!

You could give up just the year model & last 7 digits of the vin. That way you will have the correct sequence #'s of the vin, but not even enough info to "steal" the truck nor make a key from.

Even a dealership employee needs at least the last 8 digits to do anything....

:thumbsup:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

You could give up just the year model & last 7 digits of the vin. That way you will have the correct sequence #'s of the vin, but not even enough info to "steal" the truck nor make a key from.

Even a dealership employee needs at least the last 8 digits to do anything....

:thumbsup:

Everyone would have to be on the "honor system" and only enter legitimate SS VIN's, there could be no accuracy check with this method.