Antenna Delete

firehawknwv

There are some threads on here about relocating the antenna under the hood along the front quarter panel...from what I remember guys saw no difference in signal strength. The search button should help you out.

they do have antenna delete kits, the part actually comes from an Escalade, and it is a stock looking textured cowl piece to match the rest of the cowl, it just doenst have the hole for the antenna

I have looked into this but I kinda liked the meancing look of my stock antenna cut down and grinded to a spike

I did a search on here and came up with this GM part number. I think its for the delete panel without the hole but GM parts direct dont give a pic or description only a price. #15287179 Can anyone tellme what that part is?

Yea mine keeps hiting the tree lims on my apt. driveway. Ive asked them to trim them back but theyve not done it yet. I may just break them off and wait for them to b*tch at me, lol.

That relocation antenaa from ST looks nice. I may grab that after I find a place to put it.

Thanx for the part numbers. So that part number I had that matches one tha u gave me there is wuts in the pic, good deal. Now If I can find a part number for the antenna they use in the Escalade and fit it to the truck it may just work out that is if I font get the one from ST.

Edited by firehawknwv (see edit history)

You had better have very strong signals from your local stations or just not listen to anything but your iPod or XM. I thought I'd be fine listening to my iPod all the time, but what about catching a football game while on the road from time to time, I can't have missing the Tigers over a smooth cowl. lol. I tried the antenna under the hood as well as the powered antenna under the dash trick. Both resulted in shity reception. The antenna under the hood worked better and is free. I put my antenna back in the stock location, didn't make a big enough difference in looks to warrant the agrivation IMO.

Yea mine keeps hiting the tree lims on my apt. driveway. Ive asked them to trim them back but theyve not done it yet. I may just break them off and wait for them to b*tch at me, lol.

Wish I could help ya out, Im a landscaper. Just go buy a hand saw and cut those suckers down.

I agree with you Big Country, no football game on the radio on sunday would be boring (if driving).

I have the delete and have no problems

you do or should run a ground from the antena back to the original spot.. other then that put a cd in or ipod or whatever...

Ya, I grounded it with a wire, then used a bracket and a wire, just wasn't up to par for me.