Lpp Headers Installed (thanks Wheatley For The Tune)!

96vteccd5

Well here you go fellas. The videos will come later on this week.

img1250022436155.jpgimg1250022437881.jpg

img1250022437419.jpg

img1250022436802.jpg

I must say these headers are ON POINT!!! As you can see I used the GM head studs and bolts, new oem gaskets, and used band clamps with the rtv sealant. Also dropped in some new spark plugs. Once I drove back from the shop the truck drove kind of funny but idle fine. I slapped in the wheatley tune and it has been getting better and better by the day. The mid-range and upper rpm range gain is extremely noticeable. Thank you Wheatley for the tune again. I went by an exhaust shop and the guys said whoever tuned it had it spot on. It didn't smell like gas but had the right A/F! I only have 2 concerns. The first is the cabin noise. After first when driving the truck I felt like I was hearing an exhaust leak but after going to 2 shops and showing them the install there are no leaks. They said it is the headers I am hearing. I still plan to throw some high flow cats on which I pray will take away all most of the cabin noise. The 2nd is that the taylor wires are rubbing on the headers ( 4 out of 8) so I just bought there 45 degree boot kit which should take care of this. I say these headers are spot on and the install went smoothly. I pb blasted the bolts for 3 days so they came right out! I highly recommend these headers and thanks again wheatley!! Vids will be coming in a few days. before and after.

Edited by 05on20's (see edit history)

MSD are the wires to use with headers.. it gives you the ability to bend the boot to make clearance. Also the noise your are hearing is from the thinner primary tubes... all headers do this... think that a 3/8in thick cast manifold hides sound...a thinner wall primary reveals the harmonics of each cylinder as it fires... I'm one that loves that sound :)

MSD are the wires to use with headers.. it gives you the ability to bend the boot to make clearance. Also the noise your are hearing is from the thinner primary tubes... all headers do this... think that a 3/8in thick cast manifold hides sound...a thinner wall primary reveals the harmonics of each cylinder as it fires... I'm one that loves that sound :)

:withstupid: very well stated Danny

Well i just ordered 45 degree boot connectors for the wires so I will just take those off and crimp the new ones on. That should take care of it. If not I will order some MSD wires later on. Thanks for the info about the headers. I might have to dynomat the inside of the truck to at least quite it down some if the high flow cats don't help.

I will say one thing though. My gas mileage is interesting. On the highway it runs from around 20.7 to 21.3 mpg but when I get on the gas it starts to drop. If I punch, I can easily see 15 mpg.

• 2 weeks later...