Just Got The New Porter Cable

Hey fellas, I just got the new porter cable buffer and the Adams polishing kit today. Gonna be posting some before and afters. Gonna do the SS and my Dad's Avalanche. The SSS is not so bad but the Avalanche is REALLY BAD!!! Yall will not believe how bad this thing is. He worked at a Steel Mill until bout 2 weeks ago when they closed it down. The paint on this thing feels like 80 grit sand paper!! No kidding. I'll make a before vid to prove it. Anyway. I hope the claybar will get this crap off the paint, we will see.

Same here! But I just dont trust myself with one, dont want the paint anyworse then it already is :jester:

They say that they are virtually impossible to ruin your paint. They say you would have to be trying hard to do any real damage to your paint.

I would be impressed if you screw up the paint with a PC

You'd have to be stupid to mess up paint with the PC, but it is possible. Give someone an orange pad and an aggresive compound and damage can be done.

For a beginner, I would stick with the white pad until you get the hang of polishing.

Well that makes me more comfortable actually haha. i just dont even know the first thing about using them. :ughdance:

Just get yourself one and practice on a friends Clunker :)

Really it's not hard to use.

+1 on SS Silv's Post

You'd have to be stupid to mess up paint with the PC, but it is possible. Give someone an orange pad and an aggresive compound and damage can be done.

For a beginner, I would stick with the white pad until you get the hang of polishing.

Hell even the orange pad isnt aggressive enough to do major damage. I think if you look on youtube they have alittle "how too" on how to use the PC 7424 and the Flex. Really fellas, its not rocket science....just use common sense.

Heres what I use. I know everyone has their opinion on "whats best", but thats up the user to determine whats best for them.

DSC02201.jpg

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)