Whats The Best Oil To Run With F/i?

whats the best oil to run when you are forced induction??

please include weight of oil too!!

Personally, Mobil 1. But more importantly a synthetic oil. A synthetic oil's additives break down less easily than a conventional oil. And if you are running the stock 6.0, a 5W-30 synthetic would be best. You want easier flowing pour viscosity for startup, unless in warm conditions and if your 6.0 recommends 10W-30 in warmer climates. A synthetic will take more abuse with forced induction and will break down less quickly, and considering LS series motors are running pretty tight clearances, with 10.08:1 compression depending on altitude, with boost on top of a normally naturally aspirated motor, a little extra wear would be expected depending on boost.

And Mobil 1 because if they are reliable enough for GM high end vehicles to recommend and have factory fill, Mobil must know what they are doing. On top of the countless studies they have done with oil, and the fact I have never had a problem with oiling issues like many others I've seen.

Hope I helped.

run royal purple XRP in whatever weight you choose. you cant go wong.

Royal Purple "XPR" is designed for racing use. Use for your day at the race track, then change the oil. The additives break down too quickly, which is why XPR racing line is not API/ILSAC certified. Which is not suited for daily driven use.

Royal Purple "XPR" in whatever weight you choose?

0W-10 - You will have lack of required viscosity and blow your motor.

10W-40 - You will have too thick of viscosity creating extra strain on your oil pump and again, improper lubrication, resulting in blowing your motor, over time. (As far as a factory motor with factory clearances and oil pump)

20W-50 - Far far too thick of an oil for your oil pump to operate at operating temperatures, improper lubrication, resulting in blowing your motor, very soon.

So if you are only using your truck to race and is being towed everywhere, sure, use the XPR 5W-30 if you really want to. But as far as being practical, I would rather stick with something much much more reliable.

• Mobil 1 is the World's Leading Synthetic Motor Oil
  • Mobil 1 technology has been selected as original equipment by leading car builders such as Chevrolet Corvette, Z06, ZR1 (Factory Boosted), Cadillac, Mercedes-Benz AMG, Porsche, Dodge Viper, and Dodge Ram SRT 10.
  • Mobil has the following approvals for Mobil 1 5W-30, to use just one viscosity grade example:
    • API SM, SL, ILSAC GF-4, ACEA A1/B1, A5/ B5
    • GM 6094M, Ford WSS-M2C929-A, Chrysler MS-6395,GM 4718M
    • Honda HTO-06 (only motor oil to meet these stringent conditions)

[*]More than half of all NASCAR teams use Mobil 1 in their cars

[*]Mobil 1 technology is proven worldwide, in the lab and on the road.

Which Royal Purple XPR meets none of these standards. The only certification the Royal Purple automotive motor oil has received is API, and that is their "Daily Driven" use motor oil.

Lets just put it this way, I am not impressed.

Edited by Punisher (see edit history)

how does amsoil rate between royal purple and mobil 1 , any body have a link to any test between the 3?

Amsoil is really good stuff, but get ready to pay for it... I run mobile 1. Give you an example Royal purplr left more crap on both my blown JG truck and my nitrous camaro... both oil pans were nasty! I have pulled apart 2 engines that also ran mobile 1 and no build up to speak of....

'Royal Purple "XPR" is designed for racing use. Use for your day at the race track, then change the oil. The additives break down too quickly, which is why XPR racing line is not API/ILSAC certified. Which is not suited for daily driven use. "

I guess when I emailed RP they lied to me when I said I could run it and it would hold up just fine for a DD . I guess my truck should be dead by now to since I have been running it since 06..

eh, o well

'Royal Purple "XPR" is designed for racing use. Use for your day at the race track, then change the oil. The additives break down too quickly, which is why XPR racing line is not API/ILSAC certified. Which is not suited for daily driven use. "

I guess when I emailed RP they lied to me when I said I could run it and it would hold up just fine for a DD . I guess my truck should be dead by now to since I have been running it since 06..

eh, o well

Why would anyone selling their own product try to deter you to not use it? Yea they are going to tell you you can do whatever you want...

Don't you think they would at least be API/ILSAC Certified if their Racing Oil was so great for daily driven use but they advertise it on their Standard Motor Oil that it is API Certified?

Really, if you take someones extremely biased opinion that works at Royal Purple that's just being naive. Take someones opinion into consideration that has done a fair amount of research without a biased opinion.

And by telling people to use "whatever" viscosity oil they want is just plain stupid. By using "whatever" viscosity you choose I am honestly surprised that your motor hasn't blown, so let me know how that goes running 0W-10 or 20W-50. I'm certainly hoping that the rep at Royal Purple didn't tell you that, otherwise he is extremely misinformed.

Edited by Punisher (see edit history)