Cel ?

So I put long tubes and dummy cats in and sent my computer to wheatley to get retuned I got it back today drove the truck around for awhile and the light went on again. About 3 weeks ago the CEL went on and the code came up low voltage to mass air sensor, last week CEL went on again saying random miss fire. I also installed my new converter last week to. I thought maybe cats were clogged so I put long tubes on and dummy cats. Every since I put in the converter the shifts have been weird and the light has come on twice so the only thing I can think of is mass air sensor is bad so I put a new one in tonight and it cleared up my shifting problem, but could it be anything else? Also my wideband is reading at 15.4 at idle and around 17 or 16 when on throttle, but when I let off throttle it drops to 20 real quick and then back to 15 is this normal?

Not sure about your wideband issue, but have your truck scanned and pull up the history, post up the codes that were thrown this time around.......it is probable that the MAF was the culprit. A bad MAF can cause misfires, and shifting problems along with them are almost a tell tale sign. Did you try cleaning the MAF before buying a new one?

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

No because it had rust on the little sensors that are soddered in, on my way back from VA i picked some water in intake and it made its way all the way to the mass air sensor so the little sensors had rust pits on them

Also my wideband is reading at 15.4 at idle and around 17 or 16 when on throttle, but when I let off throttle it drops to 20 real quick and then back to 15 is this normal?

Lean...if they are true readings, be careful! See chpspecial's reply.

my sensor is on the driver side right after the cat (or resonator) that I got from obx will this effect my readings? as it stands i see 15.4 at idle then 17.5 to 15.7 while on the throttle and sometimes it will dip to 20 or 19 if I let off the gas or right before the stall kicks in. Im going to get the code read and cleared in like an hour I will post when I find out.

so I went and got the code pulled it came to a po154 it says O2 sensor ckt no activity bank 2 sensor 1. What does this mean?

oh yeah weird thing was it said I had two codes but they were both the same the only thing is the second one said pending

so I went and got the code pulled it came to a po154 it says O2 sensor ckt no activity bank 2 sensor 1. What does this mean?

oh yeah weird thing was it said I had two codes but they were both the same the only thing is the second one said pending

Check to make sure that your passenger side front 02 sensor is plugged in...if it is, then it is time to replace it........this could be part of the issue why your air/fuel ratio is so screwey, your trucks PCM can't get an AFR reading from the passenger side of your motor, throwing your fuel trims off......