Problems With The Ss

ssmaxed04

hey guys just asking for some advice ... i have been having alot of minor problems my truck has been bogging down for no reason and it has died out on me twice at the stop sign down the street from my house i also had a back fire at half throttle any suggestions on what it could be? could it be running 2 rich? :confused:

mods; pcm tune , cold air intake , dual flow-master exhaust ; msd wires

Is the check engine light on?If so have the codes pulled and let us know what it is.

How long has this been going on?

It could be a bad tank of fuel and many other things!!

Let us know

Wheatley

It been about a month now the check engine light is not on either

:withstupid:

I'd also try cleaning your mass airflow sensor with some CRC brand spray can electronics cleaner.

:withstupid: In addition, get some Throttle Body cleaner and clean the TB. I just did mine at about the same mileage, and it was very dirty.

I had this problem with mine around the same mileage. I believe I ended up having to get a new fuel pump and some electrical harnesses. I think the harness shorted out the fuel pump, which caused the stalls. Didn't seem too bad at first, then started stalling as I came off the highways, so, shutting down going 60 around corners, makes it tough to steer when you lose power steering. I can go back and figure out exactly what was replaced if you need.

do you have a cai. mine did this a few weeks back. i just cleaned my maf and tb it cleared right up for me. that is a good place to start clean them and see what happens

I had this problem with mine around the same mileage. I believe I ended up having to get a new fuel pump and some electrical harnesses. I think the harness shorted out the fuel pump, which caused the stalls. Didn't seem too bad at first, then started stalling as I came off the highways, so, shutting down going 60 around corners, makes it tough to steer when you lose power steering. I can go back and figure out exactly what was replaced if you need.

please

thx guys looks like im going to clean the maf and the tb hopefully this will clear it up also it did this just the other day butt when i hit 2nd gear towards the end of it it felt like i lost backpressure my exhoust sounded wierd

thx guys looks like im going to clean the maf and the tb hopefully this will clear it up also it did this just the other day butt when i hit 2nd gear towards the end of it it felt like i lost backpressure my exhoust sounded wierd

is your exhaust rattling? Might want to check out the cats. if they get clogged they can cause the death of your engine.