Eng. Tune-up ?

03CHEV SS

Hey Guys been awhile since I,ve been on here. I have question about a tune-up on my truck. It rolled over the 100,000 and I really need to tune it up. I was wondering what all I should get. Here is what I thinking and please let me know if I miss anything.

-AC Delco plugs

-fuel filter

-PCV Valve I've seen discussion about the corvette one does anybody have the part #

-plug wires ??

It's a 2003 and its running good just thought it needs a tune-up. Oh and all stock except a tune and k-n filter.

Thanks Guys

This is what I plan on doing and I am at 64k, I am sure I will forget something.

plugs, wires, maybe a new K&N filter?, clean your maf and tb, flush your transfer case and change filter, auto tranny fluid flush and filter, front and rear differential service, run some sea foam, fuel filter (You have had that changed before right?) along with complete fuel system flush, coolant service.

I go a little overboard but just giving you some ideas. Hope this helps.

Esit-you should also probably change your shocks out, I would go with Bilstein or Edelbrock EAS shocks

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

Along with everything stated above, include an oil/filter change, and chassis lube. Also check the serpentine & AC compressor belts for cracks/wear, check all hoses for cracks, and rotate/rebalance your tires. Check your brake rotors for signs of rotor rot and your pads for wear, many AWD SSSs here have gone to 100k before needing any brake work....

add to your list..

1 anti seize compound for your plug threads. makes life easier when you change them again :thumbsup:

2 dielectric grease put a small bead in the plug and coil boots, and rub the boot between your fingers, and it will coat the inside of the boots pretty evenly..as above makes pulling the boots off sooo much nicer. :thumbs:

good luck

:seeya:

All good suggestions so far...I went with AC iridium plugs and AC wires...(I work for GM)

I tested my stock wires (140k) and they where all at about .938 0hms...(marginal)

Changed to AC wires all tested at .38 ohms...MUCH better...

The truck ran ok, but I am sure the coils where huffin and puffin...I THINK a coild can go bad if a wire fails, they overheat??? coils cost big money,

The truck picked up .5 mpg after plugs and wires where changed...I get 18-18.5 mpg cruisin at 71 mph

AVG is about 15.6 now...