How Did Everyone Determine What Tuner To Use?

mightbstock

I am about ready to order a tune, however I can't determine which tuner i want to use. How did everyone determine who they were going to have do it? I am leaning towards blackbear, because he offers a military and or fire/rescue discount. But other than that, are there special things I need to look for besides free re-tunes? thank you.

-Evan

location is key. you can never beat a live street tune imo. oh and customer service level is a good one too, don't let someone tune it and when time for a retune can't ever get ahold of them.

but from what i have heard of justin and blackbear you can't go wrong.

Edited by BlackSSS46 (see edit history)

I would definately go with a live tune If it were winter break and I was home. For now, It sounds like I can't go wrong with a tune from justin. Maybe once I get some more important mods I will get a live tune. but doing a mailorder seems like it should be sufficient for just long tubes, corsa sport, and an airaid intake.

I would definately go with a live tune If it were winter break and I was home. For now, It sounds like I can't go wrong with a tune from justin. Maybe once I get some more important mods I will get a live tune. but doing a mailorder seems like it should be sufficient for just long tubes, corsa sport, and an airaid intake.

Trust me, a live tune is worth it. Nothing better then having the tunner there seeing exactly whats going, although I have heard nothing but good about his cable tunes.

i chose wheatley cause i have heard nothing but good things. i will say he did a great job and has great customer service.

the other tuners are great too i have heard nothing bad. its just a personal prefrence on who you wanna go with.

G/L with the decision you will not be let down with any of them

justin I believe lives in virginia.. about 40 minutes from my house when i'm not at school...I actually had met up with him to pick up an exhaust about 4 weeks ago.

there ya go, answered your own questions, theres other great tuners on this site also like wheatley, zippy and maybe one or 2 others i dont know, i can vouche for wheatley even though i am learning my own tuning with the help of flaco. but like it was mentioned go with whoever is closest and can street tune it for you.

i think mcmahan summed it all up ;)