Tranny Issues

Ever since i got my truck, i noticed it shifts hard. Ive had the truck for 3 years already have never done anything to the tranny except when the 2-3 band broke. But my question is I want to achieve a smoother shift and extend the life of my tranny. I seen upgrades such as tranny cooler, shift kit, servos. Im pretty sure my truck has a shift kit by the way it shifts, specially when the truck is cold and i have to take off in a hurry. Also when my truck is going from 3rd to 4th gear the gears seem to be to close, as soon as 3rd gear kicks in 4th kicks in also, cause the SES light to come on. Any ideas or suggestion would help, thanks!

if it doesnt have a shift kit, it sounds like it has been tuned

:withstupid: my transmission is bone stock...but when i got my tune from wheatley i asked for firmer shifts...its not neck-breaking but its enough to get the attention of unsuspecting passengers.

how firm are your shifts? mild, moderate, violent...?

Thats the thing, i dont know if its tuned or if it has a shift kit or a shifting problem? I purchased my truck from a GM dealer and i told the guy at the dealership that the truck shifted somewhat hard. My truck currently has 53000 miles on it

Thats the thing, i dont know if its tuned or if it has a shift kit or a shifting problem? I purchased my truck from a GM dealer and i told the guy at the dealership that the truck shifted somewhat hard. My truck currently has 53000 miles on it

I would guess the truck has been tuned, but without software it's hard to tell. Short of taking the pan off and inspecting the transmission it's hard to tell if the valve body has been modified. You're going to have to dig into it.

Mr. P.