Buzzing/whirring Sound From Speaker

zachm89

I know there has probably already been threads about this but i couldnt find anything so im starting a new one. When im driving around i get a buzzing/humming noise coming from the drivers side front speaker that gets louder with the rpms and its really annoying. Im sure its a simple problem/fix, i just dont know what the h3ll it is!! I have an aftermarket Pioneer DEH-P6000UB deck, other than that everything is stock. Anyone know how to get rid of that dang noise?

Thanks,

Zach

Loose ground wire. Turn your wipers on and see if you can hear the wiper arm travel in the speakers... that would definantly be a loose ground.

If you don't hear wipers make sure your spark plug wires insulation is good and not close to any other wiring.

Edited by page305 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Either loose ground or, you ran the signal wires(from the stereo) right along your power wire, run them on opposite side of the truck and youll hear it clear up

thats just it...i dont have RCAs or power/ground wires ran on the truck anywhere other than stock wires. The only thing aftermarket in the whole system is the head unit. Im thinking it might be one of the wires on the harness for the deck picking up some engine noise and transferring it to the speaker. But now I have bigger problems, the truck seems to have a slight ticking noise that sounds like its coming from the intake manifold?? and i also think that the stock fan clutch is going out...so the radio is the least of my worries anymore :(

thats just it...i dont have RCAs or power/ground wires ran on the truck anywhere other than stock wires. The only thing aftermarket in the whole system is the head unit. Im thinking it might be one of the wires on the harness for the deck picking up some engine noise and transferring it to the speaker. But now I have bigger problems, the truck seems to have a slight ticking noise that sounds like its coming from the intake manifold?? and i also think that the stock fan clutch is going out...so the radio is the least of my worries anymore :(

is the speaker wire behind the head unit ran by any significant power source?

and may a sticking lifter?

is the speaker wire behind the head unit ran by any significant power source?

and may a sticking lifter?

most likely theres a wire on the harness too close to a power wire or getting the noise from somewhere. As far as the ticking sound it is most likely a lifter, although idk why the lifters would be crapping out at only 80k but thats okay, ill be replacing them when i do my cam swap this winter.

as far as the stereo goes im going to pull the head unit out when i get the time and check all my wires. its hard to fit all that crap back in the dash with that big a$$ harness.