Replacing Stock Bulbs With Leds

I'm not sure if this site is already known, but I just placed an order from www.v-leds.com. I purchased LED brake lights, turn signals, reverse lights and license plate lights. I wanted to buy DRLs also, but I think I may need to modify one of their other bulbs to make it happen. I went with the more affordable bulbs since times are hard, but they have tons to choose from. They even provide a fitment guide through sylvania so you can be sure you are getting the right part number. As soon as the bulbs arrive and I install them, I will post pics. If anybody has wanted to convert the stock tailight housings to LED, check this site out.

I didn't do any of the main lighting, just interior but ended up taking almost every LED out since they kept burning out. If your going to do it, I would highly suggest purchasing quality made LED's as the cheap ones burn up in no time (multi LED bulbs anyway, single seem to work fine).

if you wanna try your DRL's they are they same number as your brake, turns, and reverse bulbs, they are all 3157's.

Oh yeah I should have noticed that. Sylvania's website lists them as a different part number, but when I receive the bulbs I will slap the white LED's in the DRLs and if I like it I'll order some more for the reverse.

I didn't do any of the main lighting, just interior but ended up taking almost every LED out since they kept burning out. If your going to do it, I would highly suggest purchasing quality made LED's as the cheap ones burn up in no time (multi LED bulbs anyway, single seem to work fine).

Did you check out the website? Do the LEDs seem cheap? I'll definitely let ya'll know if I have problems with these burning out.

pics please

:D

That's crazy. I was just about to respond to you that I will have pics when the bulbs arrive, but before I did that I decided to track them. The status said delivered and there they were in my mailbox. I will have pics after I install them tonight. I only see on license plate bulb so I'll have to call the company and find out what is up with that.

Here a few pics of the white LEDs installed as DRLs. I will post pics tonight of the red LEDs as brake lights and turn signals. I installed the one white LED license plate light that I received and I'll take a pic showing the difference between the stock lamp and the LED. I have to wait for the company to send the send one I ordered. I think I am going to order to more white LEDs to put as reverse lights. I really like the look of LED DRLs and I'm sure I'll keep them on now instead of turning them off every time I drive the truck in daylight like I used to. Let me know what you think. Thanks for lookin'.

post-15329-1253484314_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1253484326_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1253484337_thumb.jpg

if running them in turn signals, you will need load resistors. if you dont use them, the bulbs will blink rapidly like if a bulb was blown out, all the time.

These bulbs come with load resistors built in. They blink right along with all the other turn signals. They seem to be a very good quality product, but I guess I'll find out over time. I hope they don't burn out quick since they are made specifically for vehicle application.

Here a few pics of the white LEDs installed as DRLs. I will post pics tonight of the red LEDs as brake lights and turn signals. I installed the one white LED license plate light that I received and I'll take a pic showing the difference between the stock lamp and the LED. I have to wait for the company to send the send one I ordered. I think I am going to order to more white LEDs to put as reverse lights. I really like the look of LED DRLs and I'm sure I'll keep them on now instead of turning them off every time I drive the truck in daylight like I used to. Let me know what you think. Thanks for lookin'.

looks good! which ones did u get?