Replacing Stock Bulbs With Leds

Here is the comparison of the LED license plate bulb and the stock bulb. I can't wait for the second bulb to come because I think it looks a lot better. I've included a pic of the brake light and a pic where I caught the blinker. The pics don't do the bulbs justice, but I love the way LEDs instantly turn on and off.

post-15329-1253502759_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1253502786_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1253502805_thumb.jpg

if running them in turn signals, you will need load resistors. if you dont use them, the bulbs will blink rapidly like if a bulb was blown out, all the time.

Well you were right. I installed the LED turn signal bulbs and at first I tested them by turning the hazards on and they blinked at normal pace, but when I turn each individual blinker on they blink rapidly. I do see a few resistors on the bulbs, but I guess I need more resistance. Do you happen to know the amount of resistance I should use? I sent an email to the company and I plan on bringing home a bunch of resistors from work this weekend and trying them one by one if you don't know exactly what resistance I need. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
How are they holding up? I am waiting for mine to come in the mail. If I like the quality of these in my reverse lights, I want them in the drl's.

Ok so everything is finally done. I managed to figure out all the issues and now every single exterior bulb is L.E.D. The thing I get most noticed for is the hyper white look of the L.E.D drl's. With all the people that have asked me about them, I've probably hooked v-leds.com up with a lot of business. To get everything to work correctly, I had to install a 3 ohm resistor in the turn signal wiring on each side and a 6 ohm resistor across the running light wire and ground of the brake lights on each side. The reason I had to install the 6 ohm resistor in the brake wiring was because with the headlights off and one of the turn signals on, the license plate lights and the opposite tail light housing's running lights would faintly blink also. Honestly, I believe if one of the bulbs is converted to L.E.D, all of them should be. It just adds a newer look to the truck. I'll try and snap a few more pics in the next few days.

So I've finally found some time to post the pics. I also replaced the map lights and dome lights with white LEDs. I love the new look, I just hope these bulbs are quality and last a long time. They do seem to be made very well. Hope ya'll like.

post-15329-1256184866_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1256184883_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1256184901_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1256184945_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1256184972_thumb.jpg

So I've finally found some time to post the pics. I also replaced the map lights and dome lights with white LEDs. I love the new look, I just hope these bulbs are quality and last a long time. They do seem to be made very well. Hope ya'll like.

could you please tell me where you got these and part# you have i have wanted to do this fo a long time now

thanks Justin

could you please tell me where you got these and part# you have i have wanted to do this fo a long time now

thanks Justin

Go go google. Type in "Sylvania Bulb Guide". First webiste is sylvania's, and just type in your vehicle, and bam - every # for your bulbs, From there, Ebay has what you need.. Good luck.