New Guy Here! What Do You My 1/4 Mile Shoud Be

VMAX Hunter

First off new to the site been on CTW for a while tho as Z71 hunter. Yal have some very nice trucks and i hope to improve my performance and ¼ mile time with your advice. Well just moved to Gainesville FL. and went to the track the other night for the first time ever. I have a 06 vortec max ect. Cab 4x4 with 4:10's I have added a K&N intake, Pacesetter long tubes, 3" exhaust with Xpipe and dual flowmaster 40's, NGK plugs, and a full custom tune by Doc. At EFI Alchemy (had wheatley tune and don't get me wrong he is good but Doc at EFI Alchemy got me at least double the performance with great drivability, no exaggeration) I also have 35x12.50x17 BFG KM2 Mud Tires so that's kinda slowing me down.

this 2wd run was faster than my 4wd run, it was super slick i had to ease into it.

R/T- .462

60'- 2.590

330- 6.767

1/8- 10.174

Mph- 72.73

1000- 13.080

¼ 15.545

Mph 90.86

I was lookin to run high 14's is that askin to much?..... could i see 14's with a stock set of tires?

Those heavy 35's aren't helping, that's for sure. What was the weather like? Temperature? Humidity? Elevation? Fuel level?

about 8 pm kinda muggy and very slick clear skys about 70 degrees or so not sure about elevation but its fl so not very high and a lil over half a tank

about 8 pm kinda muggy and very slick clear skys about 70 degrees or so not sure about elevation but its fl so not very high and a lil over half a tank

Not exactly the best weather for racing, warm heavy air leads to slower times. In another month or so once temps cool down will be better for racing. Also, try running with 1/3 tank of fuel or less, remove your spare tire and tailgate, and if you have a hard tonneau cover, remove that too. Less weight = faster times......

First off new to the site been on CTW for a while tho as Z71 hunter. Yal have some very nice trucks and i hope to improve my performance and ¼ mile time with your advice. Well just moved to Gainesville FL. and went to the track the other night for the first time ever. I have a 06 vortec max ect. Cab 4x4 with 4:10's I have added a K&N intake, Pacesetter long tubes, 3" exhaust with Xpipe and dual flowmaster 40's, NGK plugs, and a full custom tune by Doc. At EFI Alchemy (had wheatley tune and don't get me wrong he is good but Doc at EFI Alchemy got me at least double the performance with great drivability, no exaggeration) I also have 35x12.50x17 BFG KM2 Mud Tires so that's kinda slowing me down.

this 2wd run was faster than my 4wd run, it was super slick i had to ease into it.

R/T- .462

60'- 2.590

330- 6.767

1/8- 10.174

Mph- 72.73

1000- 13.080

¼ 15.545

Mph 90.86

I was lookin to run high 14's is that askin to much?..... could i see 14's with a stock set of tires?

i would have to say yes. The smaller tire will help your rotating weight out a bunch, you will accelerate faster, and it should help traction. I say should because mud tires have less contact patch on the ground, because of the lugs, giving you less traction, so your stock tires should put more surface area on the road giving you more traction. However a smaller diameter tire will spin easier because it plays with your final ratio, giving you less top end speed but faster acceleration up to that top end speed. And i think mud tires are a pretty soft compound, your stock tires might be harder. Don't be affraid to lower tire pressures a bit and see if that helps with the 60 foot time. if you can pull a low 2.3 60 foot i think you'll have your 14.9. your truck is pulling real hard down the track for a 60 foot like that. have you tried a 4x4 launch and then put it in 2 wheel drive.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i would have to say yes. The smaller tire will help your rotating weight out a bunch, you will accelerate faster, and it should help traction. I say should because mud tires have less contact patch on the ground, because of the lugs, giving you less traction, so your stock tires should put more surface area on the road giving you more traction. However a smaller diameter tire will spin easier because it plays with your final ratio, giving you less top end speed but faster acceleration up to that top end speed. And i think mud tires are a pretty soft compound, your stock tires might be harder. Don't be affraid to lower tire pressures a bit and see if that helps with the 60 foot time. if you can pull a low 2.3 60 foot i think you'll have your 14.9. your truck is pulling real hard down the track for a 60 foot like that. have you tried a 4x4 launch and then put it in 2 wheel drive.

yes it leaves hard in 4wd but when i try to put it in 2wd it just stays is 4wd until let off the gas at the end of the track. my times were faster in 2wd.i got rid of the tailgate all the weight i could.

i will go to the track this wednesday with the stockers and see what it will do.

about what psi should i run

These were my trucks times. It was the first time I ran it and it was completely stock. It is 2wd with 4.10's though. It was at night and in the 80's just after it rained.

modifieddr4.th.jpg

those are some good times for stock! I to have 4:10's and would hope to be at least around there if not a lil better with the stock size tires

Since you will be on street tires, stick with the factory recommended tire pressure.....

i disagree, i have tried lowering the pressure on many street tires and it helps. I don't drive on the street with lower pressure but at the track it has helped.

You want to run the highest psi you can but still get traction. Lower psi will slow your top end speed down, but make up for it and more if you pull a good 60 foot. If your spinning try going down 5 psi and see if it helps, the lowest i would run is around 18-20. Don't be affraid to do a burn out either, heat them tires up a little. Warm rubber sticks....yet to hot can hurt as well.