New Guy Here! What Do You My 1/4 Mile Shoud Be

VMAX Hunter

i disagree, i have tried lowering the pressure on many street tires and it helps. I don't drive on the street with lower pressure but at the track it has helped.

I had the exact opposite result LOL. The lower I went, the worse traction got....maybe because I was on the factory Crapyears. Man did I murder those tires! :dry: Jumping over to DRs made a big difference...........

New Guy Here! What Do You My 1/4 Mile Shoud Be, 06 Vmax

Right to the point, mid 13's. You should have 355hp rwd. AwdSS has 345hp and will do mid 14's.

You are way off. First of all, all SSS, vortecmaxes, and VHO's come with 345hp no matter if they are 2wd, awd, or 4wd. In stock configuration they all should run low 15's to high 14's. I have heard of some trucks getting mid 14's, but that doesn't happen very often.

New Guy Here! What Do You My 1/4 Mile Shoud Be, 06 Vmax

Right to the point, mid 13's. You should have 355hp rwd. AwdSS has 345hp and will do mid 14's.

if my truck should run mid 13's.........i spent a bunch of money to run mid 13's and high 12's. Mine was 15.01 stock and my track is like 800 feet above sea level and i always pick my days for racing based on wind and temps.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

well i will be going to the track this wednesday night so will post times later that night. i will be running 245's on all fore wheels so will do some 4wd runs and try droping the pis a few lbs to see if that makes it hook better in 2wd. with the small tires and a 4:10 gear i exspect a nice 60' time and mid to high 14's

so if boys want to have a lil fun with this lets see who can guess the closest time!

we have all seen Past Time so lock in your times!

this could be interesting......

Edited by VMAX Hunter (see edit history)

what if my time slip reads "Both Lanes STAGED @ Starter GO."

What does that mean cuz i have a few that say that at the bottom and some that dont

That is part of the timing system, basically means that both vehicles were full staged I believe......

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to bring up a 2 week old topic but I said I would go to the track and find out and I did, it just took longer to get the street tires. I had the 245’s on the back with the 35” muds on the front and my toolbox still in the bed which is about 100lbs. and a little over half a tank.

1st. [email protected]

2nd. [email protected]

3rd. [email protected]

4th. and final run due to the track closing for the night

60’ 2.233

330 6.12

1/8 [email protected]

1000 12.15

¼ [email protected]

I feel there is room for improvement, I defiantly think I could go 14.4s or even 14.3s the truck was hooking better later in the night