Dish Network Or Direct Tv?

Tzer

Which Is Better?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Cable, Direct TV or Dish Network

• Cable
    • Direct TV
    • Dish Network

Which service do you all think is better?

We're in MO so we will have stormy and snowy days. I'm sure this effects reception.

Thinking about making some changes from cable possibly to try and save a few bucks.

What I'm looking for is a full TV package with 2 DVR's and 1 HD Box. I'll probably keep the cable internet.

To do whats mentioned above Cable is wanting $170 a month. internet included.

Thanks for your time :cheers:

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)

Thanks for all your votes folks.

I Sorry I didn't realize that the thread was locked until it was mentioned in a PM.

It's wide open now for all your comments.

I've gotten many PM's saying go ATT Uverse or whatever it's called. But that's not an option in my area.

Is that satalite that bad of reception during crappy weather?

Direct seems to have the lead in the poll. Most ppl I've asked around my area as to who they use the majority say DISH Network.

Direct just seems to have a H3ll of a deal going on atm.

Thanks again.

AT&T isn't satellite. It comes through the phone like DSL or something I think. All I know is that I have it and I have had Comcast cable and DirectTV. I will never have DTV again. One of my girlfriends had dish network and I wouldn't have that one either. I think I would probably stick with cable, but I know that its hit or miss depending on local carrier and you're stuck with what they have, but most cable companies are catching up to satellite programming.

i been with dishnetwork since day one when it came out, yeah many years ago lol, yes it does have its ups and downs. i reset my signal to get the strongest posible singal and so far it takes a really really stormy day to knock the signal out.i do miss my NFL ticket ( moved to DTV :( ) price wise i pay 150.00 a month without internet, i run the everything pack, platinum & gold HD packs, and have 6 recievers activated. without internet, i pretty much have everything dish has to offer, which one i think is better? hmm probably dtv, why? cause they have more HiDef channels ;) and the NFL package..

A bud at work told me they have the all you can get with dish, only because of how the tiers are set up. He's paying $120 and no internet, I think it was with 3 receivers..

Only plus with DISH and their DVR is that 2 tv's can share the one DVR and I beleive the NFL network is included. I haven't really looked into what DISH has to offer.

I know either satalite co. Has lots more HD channels then cable but the local channels are important to the wife as well.

Either way they all got you by the nads.

Cable worked up a package with what I currently have + the 2 DVR's and it was $165.00, Then the other option was $170 but that included a couple more tiers and lowered the internet price from $49.99 to $29.99. I got this with a walk in to the local office. (Basically just a pay your bill office).

Might be time to call the 800 number and say I'm thinking about moving to satalite and then see how they will work with me or if they could care less.