Ss Fire...fuc*ing Totalled

sleepingcrna

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear about the truck but you know what? a truck is a truck, but your family is what really matters here. i am really glad to hear that they are all ok. i would much rather hear that your truck caught fire, than hear that your family were victims. big ups to your wife for staying composed and getting everyone to safety.

so even in a negative event, you are a very lucky man!

Could not have said it any better myself.

Sooo sorry to hear about the bad news.

I tried to find the member "Montana SS" 's thread because his truck caught on fire too. It happened a couple years ago. I couldn't remember the cause. I looked under his profile but he hasn't been active for awhile. Maybe someone else can find that thread.

Good luck with everything!

I tried to find the member "Montana SS" 's thread because his truck caught on fire too. It happened a couple years ago. I couldn't remember the cause. I looked under his profile but he hasn't been active for awhile. Maybe someone else can find that thread.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...459&hl=fire

Come to think of it, GM pinpointed the area of origin to almost the same spot on Cody's truck as the poster of this thread. :huh:

Mike

I just got your message this morning. First and most important, I am glad to hear your family is OK. Your wife did a great job of ensuring that. I am sorry they had to go through it.

With respect to the truck, hopefully you can salvage some of the parts. Its only a vehicle and you will be able to replace it if you want to. I never had any electrical problems with the truck except a bad ground which was replaced at least a year before you bought it. Good luck with the insurance company. Feel free to call me if you want to talk about anything.

Was the N2O system still installed and full? Thank God that didn't blow.

Brian

Thanks for all the encouragement. And the advice. So far things are moving ahead with insurance, but won't rest til i get the check and agree with the amount. As for salvage of parts, if it works out and i can buy it back, i will be posting up with a list of goodies. Already have a short line of people with requests. And Brian, good to hear from you. The truck was a champ the day i picked it up from you right til the end. Can't wait to hear more on the Corvette. I'll keep you guys updated. Get the fire report today. Don't imagine it'll say much about a cause. Pics hopefully later tonight.