Ss Fire...fuc*ing Totalled

sleepingcrna

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very sorry to hear about the truck. glad your family is ok. must have scared the hell out of the kids. im just replying to let you know how the salvage title thing works here in GA. maybe your state is the same. in georgia once the vehicle is declared a total loss and the check is made to you getting that vehicle back on the road is a pain in the ass. IN GEORGIA the best thing to do if your planning on putting the vehicle back on the road is get the most money possible out of your ins. comp. with out totaling the vehicle. usually around 80% of the value. as far as the mods on your truck you should get paid for them. its the same as having aftermarket wheels or a tv in the back of your truck. the ins comp WILL pay. also never take their first offer, remember they work for you.

Dang is right. Thanks again for all the replies. Couldn't get to the truck yesterday, but will for sure today. Kind of feels like i'm going to a funeral and looking at the body for the first time. Sick i know, but true...even if it is just a truck.

Adjuster looked at it yesterday. Asked all the basic info about the truck in terms of options. Didn't ask much about aftermarket accessories. Not sure if i should make a fuss about all the extras or not. Don't know how it works. Will they try to adjust my reimbursement for the SS upward slightly because of extras, or will they just try to stick it to me that much more when i try to buy it back as salvage. The thing is obviously never gonna drive again. I just want parts. Again, any input is appreciated. Until then...picks tonight.

I would try to pull off as much as you can when you take the pics. I would get the most $$ from the insurance company, and you will get screwed for the aftermarket stuff, w/o doucumentation, even then I bet its a long shot. So get pulling stuff off.

Sorry to hear, but I would get all the reports from the fire dept and then get a laywer and go at GM.

I would try to pull off as much as you can when you take the pics. I would get the most $$ from the insurance company, and you will get screwed for the aftermarket stuff, w/o doucumentation, even then I bet its a long shot. So get pulling stuff off.

Sorry to hear, but I would get all the reports from the fire dept and then get a laywer and go at GM.

Gettin police/fire reports this am. Already been warned from insurance company not to remove anything. Don't want to get shitty with them just yet. When i hear what their settlement is, i'll go from there. If they lowball me, i'll demand the option to strip the thing, slap back on junk stock parts and move on. If they want to much for salvage, i'll fight that too. I know this is far from over.

I agree with the lawyer thing. Never hurts to have that in your back pocket. The only thing i worry about is the fact that it was so heavily modded. They could come back on me pretty hard as blaming aftermarket parts. At the same time, i'd think they would have to prove it was an aftermarket part problem before denying a claim or inadequate claim payment. Who the hell knows. Had a good talk with Steve P about a few things. Interesting to hear all of your comments....helps ALOT.

IMO you need to start asking about the mods before everything gets moving. that way they know it is important to you, and they cannot play the "the claim is already filed and cannot be amended" b.s. later. remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and i believe that if you state what you want WITHOUT being an **** you will get further than being the ****. be agreeable and compromise if needed, but remember the insurance companies pay adjusters to pay out as little as possible. DO NOT be eager to sign on the dotted line just to get paid, you owe it to yourself and your SS to come out of this deal with something good. I know this sounds gay, but if you want someone to go out and look at your truck with you call me, i would want someone to go with me. mine isn't just a thing to me, and i cannot imagine what you are going through.

shaun

Mike

Call me if you want to discuss cost for the mods and what might be the most valuable for resale. I know you have my receipt book, but I should be able to help. Really sorry to hear it, my wife was also very sad about the truck but relieved your family is OK.

Brian

Will do Brian, i appreciate it.

Wow, I can't believe it. Do you know yet what caused the fire? That's just crazy! I'm sorry to hear what happened, I would feel like a family member just died if that happened to me. The good thing of this all is that everyone got out of the truck and is ok. Good Luck with everything and keep us posted on whats going on.

Mike,

Your brother told me told me about how insane this SS was on Friday and said i'd have to check it out ASAP - Little did he and i know... that same afternoon the thing was gettin' a permanent flame job. I agree with everyone here- The insurance company works for you.- not you for them. Shoot for replacement value. That would only be fair. The insurance premium you paid every month was fair to them. Tell em "Pay up Sucker!"

If you negotiate replacement value- build the next one badder and better than this one! :thumbs:

Good Luck Cuz

p.s. Tell Amy nice work on the evacuation procedure!!

steve