Ss Fire Pictures

sleepingcrna

All electrical functions work. The only new item installed is subs. I ran the power wire through the a new hole in the grommet with the parking brake line....and it looks perfect. I don't know, I was able to zero in the smell around the fuse area after taking the cover off but there was no heat, smoke, and all the fuses (i checked as i got tired of pulling) looked good.

My wife was with me and she smelled it fairly strong after I had already driven about 15 miles...so i have no clue.

Check all of your blower speeds to make sure they work......

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately i have no pics of the engine bay after i had a local shop wire up a new amp/head unit. I have a suspicion, because i had to have them redo it a couple of times, that they somehow wired through the grommet and too close to the master cylinder. After a fire like that, even an experienced fire inspector could not say why, only where, the fire started. My only advice outside of what you've already done is to carry a fire extinguisher. Hope you find the problem.

...carry a fire extinguisher...

FIRE EXTINGUISHER 101 - make sure it is a Halon one; dry-chem extinguishers eat aluminum bad, and if the powder is ingested by a running engine it will immediately need a re-ring job.

Mr. P.

Will do, I just let it handle the speeds automatically...I am not even sure If it has a selection to go from low to high manually without looking (I know I know...I just like the fact that it controls the temps auto so much I haven't attempted to control it manually.

Gasemall, I'll re-check the amp wiring again...as I have it ran through the grommet for the parking brake....I know it's not touching but I'll check it to be sure.I would have thought that the inline fuse would have blown if it was the power wire shorting out.