Blame Speeding Ticket On Speedometer?

STKING

So I got a speeding ticket and its coming around time that I try and fight it. The CHP officer said he was pacing me. To be honest I was speeding not on purpose, just didn't notice :( . But I was wondering if I take it to court If I could blame it on the speedo sense they seem to have alot of problems on SS trucks. Or also that I just bought the truck and I didn't know its not calibrated to the bigger 22" wheels?? I was going to try a written decloration 1st, then if I lose go in and hope the cop doesn't show. But anyway what do you guys think, any advice? :chevy:

Pay the ticket, you would need to show up in court with certification from a speedo shop showing that the calibration was off. Without that, your appeal will hold no ground. Speedo calibration on most police cars is certified from the get go. How far over the speed limit were you going?

just pay it its not worth the hassle its prolly not more than mine was i was 98 in a 65 the sturgis rally was in town and a sweet blacked out lambo passed me i was trying to catch up to it and its normally 75mph when the rallys not here the lambo got off the interstate and got away so i got busted

I got a ticket in my old lifted CJ7 and had the speedo calibrated AND FIXED by a shop and they threw the ticket out in court.

...the judge told me that it was bc I had the issue corrected...not because it was off

I hope you didn't get the ticket in Orange County. They make you use thier traffic school. No online classes. I heard if you keep getting a continuos and go on the last time that the cop usually doesn't show because they have to go to court on thier free time and they don't get paid for it.

beg to differ...... I have won 3 different times in 3 different counties in TX with the speedo excuse. Only difference is mine was off and all three times it went to the dealer and had the cluster fixed so I could show it in court.

Might fly in Texas.... But your not from California..... Thats a whole different story over here.