Whats Up Guys, Im Back And Here To Stay

Turbocoop

I havent been on much for the past 4 months. May-August I was in boot camp, and last month I was at MCT so no computers or SSS.com for me. All thats done with, now Im a Marine and Im stuck out at 29 Palms, CA for MOS school for a year and a half. My truck is still in SC, but Im gonna fly out and get it soon, then my gf and I are gonna make a cross country trip to get it back out here to me. I didnt get to drive it for 3 months in a row, that was torture. Shes got some new shoes- Kumho Ecsta STXs I got on sale... and she was riding great when I got to drive her for a short time. Do any of you Cali guys know if Im gonna have problems with the cops here since SC doesnt have emisssions regulations and I have no cats? Also my windows are kinda dark too... Is that gonna get me in trouble when I drive to LA to visit friends???

I just thought Id pop in and say whats up, hopefully I will be able to make it to a few meets out here while Im in the area. LA is like 2.5hrs away I think, Vegas is like 2. Theres a car show here on base saturday maybe Ill post up some pics if its worth it. Later

oh yeah, Im gonna be looking for a turbo kit or supercharger once I get my truck out here cause theres a auto shop here where I can put it on. Thats not for at least a month or 2 though, just a heads up so keep me in mind if youre thinking of selling something soon

Weclome back and Congarts on Making it thru boot camp. Your enlistment only gets easier and alot more fun. I hate to say this but the more rank you get the less the PMO's mess with you. As for the local police I have tinted tails and limo tint. They never bother me, but I don't drive like an a$$. As long as you are on active duty and carry your military ID you DO NOT require a Cali driver license, Cali registarion, and don't to get it smoged or inspected. If have any other questions just ask.

well my truck is registered in tennessee and the county i live in has no emmisions either. i am stationed in washington and every thing has emmisions. what i do is when my tags are close to exspire i call back home and get my tags renued in TN you should be good bro.

congrats and becoming a marine i am army but glad your apart of our team/armed forces G/L killer

thanks everybody, I dont drive like an idiot so the PMOs shouldnt be a problem unless they just wanna be richards. I was more worried about the cops when I go to LA to visit friends

my friend just went a visited down there in the LA area 2 weeks ago and a cop pulled him over and said "you need to scrap the tint off your tail lights or im going to tow your car" so the cop followed him to a auto parts store so he could buy some paint striper and made him stripe it right then and there ill post pics if you dont believe me too. Long story short carry some spair stock tails with you if your going to run the dark ones. most cops are a$$e$ down there ,it just depends on who pulls you over but in cali i think your not suppose to have any tint on the two fronts just to let you know.

my friend just went a visited down there in the LA area 2 weeks ago and a cop pulled him over and said "you need to scrap the tint off your tail lights or im going to tow your car" so the cop followed him to a auto parts store so he could buy some paint striper and made him stripe it right then and there ill post pics if you dont believe me too. Long story short carry some spair stock tails with you if your going to run the dark ones. most cops are a$$e$ down there ,it just depends on who pulls you over but in cali i think your not suppose to have any tint on the two fronts just to let you know.

damn thats messed up, Im not gonna scrape my taillights, I paid a lot to have em done. Thats bullshit, I guess Ill have to get some spares

thanks everybody, I don't drive like an idiot so the PMOs shouldn't be a problem unless they just wanna be richards. I was more worried about the cops when I go to LA to visit friends

i was down at 29 Palms 2x this year for about 12 weeks total as a contractor employee. we didn't have to much trouble with the MPs, BUT THEY ARE HARD on speeding on base.. 3-5 mph over posted will get you a :idiot: any thing over will get you a FEDERAL speeding ticket (i know ) $85.00 and 1 point :mad:

ALSO.. you might have to produce a current CA smog certificate to register the SS on base check before you bring it out saw something at the welcome center at the gate.

good luck, and welcome to the west side...

:seeya:

yeap thats LA PD,they are just plain dic*s,they got two different type of smogs the regular one is pretty easy to get a guy to pass it for a couple of dollars more,the other one is test only smog and its a pain in the ass to get it smoged and expensive and thats if you could find somebody to do it.........

cool Ill check on that, Ill have my truck out here by the end of next week. I cant wait. Also, will I have any problems with the PCMforLESS tune with the higher altitude? I was at sea level before now im up in the dry ass mountains??? I think it should be alright.