What The Hell Is This World Coming To?

superslowss

I just cannot believe this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/educatio...no_interstitial

My favorite quote from this is...

“There is no parent who wants to get a phone call where they hear that their child no longer has two good seeing eyes because there was a scuffle and someone pulled out a knife,”

HE IS 6 YEARS OLD! I'm not sure a 6 year old would get into a little scuffle and pull a knife and go for the eyes... But I guess anything in this world is possible now...

It's my opinion that this has less to do with the safety of the child than it does with liability of the school. They are all afraid of being sued if something happens. It all has gone too far. Do they still use pencils in school? Maybe they should outlaw them too. Could be used to put somebody's eye out as well. :nonod:

It's my opinion that this has less to do with the safety of the child than it does with liability of the school. They are all afraid of being sued if something happens. It all has gone too far. Do they still use pencils in school? Maybe they should outlaw them too. Could be used to put somebody's eye out as well. :nonod:

Exactly. If someone told me kids had to put a safety top on pens and pencils when they are not using them I would almost believe them.

The school bitches about a little cub scout pocket knife but probably hands out scissors on a daily basis for arts and crafts. Shouldn't those be against the rules as well?

Its the wonderful zero tolerance common sense police who believe they can actually stop or prevent all senseless violence and crime in the United States. Their inherent flaw of their arrogance is that no perfect system ever put in place can control an imperfect human society. They can have all of the back ground checks, ban firearms, have zero tolerance policies, yet someone somewhere will kill or injure someone else either intentionally or unintentionally. Just look at how strict drunk driving laws are now, the fines, the fees, yet we have people drinking and driving multiple times, sometimes dozens of times, even after their license has been suspended. No law can completely stop everything. In their feeble attempt to do so, they pass ridiculous laws with no tolerance and no common sense.

I knew a guy here in Michigan that was getting divorced. I knew him because he was asking me for a job. He was caught urinating in the back alley of a bar at 2pm on a Saturday night. The only person who saw him was the cop who arrested him. He was sentenced to only probation and community service, but because it was for indecent exposure, he has to register for the next 20yrs on the sex offenders list. He lost all visitation rights to his children in his divorce, lost his job, has a hard time renting a place. I wanted to hire him, but even our company, after reviewing the police report which I saw, said they couldn't have the RISK of a registered sex offender working in a retail environment. It's completely ridiculous. All the guy did, was take a whiz in the dark and an officer decided to be a dudly do right. Sure, its the law, but again, descretion needs to be used. This guy had an MBA, college educated.

Ridiculous.

Delaware buses inner city kids to the suburbs and vise versa... and their biggest problem is a cub scout bringing a spork to school?!?!

I hate everything... I hate this bar, and I hate to drink, on second though tonight I think... >:|

but because it was for indecent exposure, he has to register for the next 20yrs on the sex offenders list.

That is the stupidest thing I think I have ever heard. If I were him I would fight that tooth and nail. He gets a bs conviction like that and murderers walk free daily on some bs technicality.

That is the stupidest thing I think I have ever heard. If I were him I would fight that tooth and nail. He gets a bs conviction like that and murderers walk free daily on some bs technicality.

He did fight it but it is zero tolerance for sex offenders in Michigan and a sex crime is basically stated as any crime that involves any of the sexual genetalia, whether the crime is of a sexual nature or not. Believe me, the man was torn up over the loss of his kids. The wife was a total bitch and the system basically screwed the guy. I don't know what happened to him, but he was begging for any job he could get and this was back in 2004 when jobs were still plentiful. I seriously doubt that any good came of it for him. Maybe he got it over turned, I don't know. I do know that he said something about 5 years and expungement, but I don't know if that would get him removed from the sex offenders lists. That is exactly about what this country, not world, is coming to.

I hate everything... I hate this bar, and I hate to drink, on second though tonight I think... >:|

great song.

that is way over the top though. bringing a gun to school or calling in a bomb threat gives reason to use zero tolerance, not a pocket knife. supposedly when i was in high school you were allowed to carry a pocket knife as long as it was under 3 inches. i have no idea if that was an actual rule or not, but every bumpkin proudly carried their case, buck, or smith & wesson in their pocket every day and i never heard of anybody getting in trouble for it. this may be on the side of a little too lenient, but punishing a 6 year old kid that way was simply wrong.